Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, hope you're great. I'm from sweden and could really use some help please. My 2008 307 HDI has a detachable towbar, and i need to get hold of the manufacturer for a question about welding on it. Do you know who made it? Do you for sure know how to weld it, so that it's not detachable anymore according to the approval of the manufacturer? Watch the video and see if there's anything you can do

Thx in advance guys

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
It is difficult to understand, for me anyway, what the actual problem is. Has something broke on it preventing it to lock in place maybe?

·
Registered
457 Posts
It looks as if the release knob should have a thread on it to lock it in place once the towball is in position. It looks as if the knob itself is removable, maybe with an embedded allen screw. You could probably get a replacement or get a machine shop to make you one.
It looks as if the lock mechanism still works but cannot be effectively double locked. As a temporary measure (not recommended though) you could fit a strong safety breakaway cable so that if you did have the towball come out whilst towing you would not lose your trailer. It really depends on what you are towing with it and whether you want to chance it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts