Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help
Can anyone advise please.
Ive read different contradictory reports on whether the reversing sensors will pick up the towbar or not and whether the car has to go to a main dealers for the computer to be programed or light faults show etc etc.
Its a 407 saloon. I can get a fixed towbar fitted for about 220 or a revoveable one for 325. The official peugeot one costs 470 quid fitted but plugs into the loom.

I could really use some advice on the best way to proceed. It wont be towing a caravan. Just a towball mounted bike carrier but a light board is required.
Thanks paul

·
Registered
909 Posts
Firstly what year is the car?
Second i have a towbar fitted to my 2008 model, it didnt have to be programed and i had towbar with single electrics supplied and fitted for £170.
I tow a caravan and cycle rack with light board and have no light warnings show on dashboard.
My dad (trem1) had towbar and parkin sensors on his last 407 (rip) and never had any problems either.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Your sensors will not pick up the towbar, you should have no problems with towbar electric messin with cars electrics if fitted correctly.
Your sensors will pick up the bike rack or pushbikes when your reversin so remember to ignore them when rack and bikes are fitted

·
Registered
687 Posts
How about using a genuine loom and a 3rd party bar? The proper loom and socket has a switch fitted to disable the señora and fog light from what I remember from fitting one to my old 307

1 - 6 of 6 Posts