Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't suppose anyone else has tried fitting a Thule Velocompact bike carrier to their factory fitted towbar? One of the key features for me was the ability to tilt the rack so that you can access the boot, but even on full tilt the tailgate still hits the rack. :sad:

Just wondering if I've made a fitting error, or the 5008's boot has a particularly wide opening arc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a full size Thule and it clears it completely. The fact the boot doesn't want to open despite this (sensors assuming someone is too close I guess) notwithstanding. My friends with the velocompact don't seem to have any clearance issues with a variety of different cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a full size Thule and it clears it completely. The fact the boot doesn't want to open despite this (sensors assuming someone is too close I guess) notwithstanding. My friends with the velocompact don't seem to have any clearance issues with a variety of different cars.
It doesn´t open since you connect the plug.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If this helps - I have a Atera Strada DL3 which fits perfectly and clears the boot when tilted back

Any help removing the factory towbar? I unlock but just can't remove from car
Once unlocked you need to pull the turn knob out then turn. So pull out to the right and turn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts