Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hii everyone, i am wondering if anyone can help me with info about towbar wiring on my 53 plate 307 sw ? is there a factory connector somewhere in the rear where i can pick up all the connections i need ? or do i need to clip into the rear light units ? also any do's or dont's specific to peugeots before i crack on with the job ?

thanks in advance for any help. mike.

S

·
0 Posts
I think theres something in the new MOT regs about towbars/towbar electrics

Best read up on those first! :thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
As far as I know they just check function with an attachment to the electrics socket, and advise of any faults. The towbar itself is examined visually also. Just fitted one to my 307 Hatchback, connected straight into the wires with scotch locks and it worked fine. I believe you can get a loom that plugs in between the plug on the back of the light unit and the rest of the wiring (bar the drivers side extras such as indicator)... Looked confusing to me so just went for plumbing into the wires!

Just something I learnt; watch out when you peel back the tape that bids the wires together. Sure you've worked it out but the wires are indentified by a number printed on them, when I peeled the tape it removed half the numbers and letters so ended up using a meter to identify them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts