Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2005 Partner Combi 1.6 HDi and want to get a towbar fitted with single electrics. Question is; do I need to have a 7-way bypass relay fitted or not?

Will not having one cause any problems?

Chris.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Chris S said:
Hi,
I have a 2005 Partner Combi 1.6 HDi and want to get a towbar fitted with single electrics. Question is; do I need to have a 7-way bypass relay fitted or not?

Will not having one cause any problems?

Chris.
alright Chris, my advice is to fit the relay.. not having it will cause electric issues over the time.. although the problems dont show up instantly, but it would..

relays stop current flowing back to the system.. or ecu's? which cause intermitant electric problems which are very hard to find..

if you look at the schematics, it can be done very easily.. just fit the relay under the rear bumper..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that, I thought it was probably best. Had the towbar fitted (Witter), looks quite a neat job too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With single electrics I got it for £148 (fitted) the prices had just changed to £160 but as they had already quoted me on the old price thats what they charged me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have been quoted £205 with single elctrics by berkshire towing in slough and a whopping £278 by one of these national firms who have mobile fitters
i have no idea what the cost should be hence i asked...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did get another quote (local company) and they were also asking £160
Keep trying, the place that did mine was a caravan and camping business.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts