Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning.

The touchscreen in my 3 week old Rifter has refused to turn on this morning.

The radio/usb music playback work fine (including the wheel mounted controls) but none of the other functions are available. The screen stayed black for the entire 30 minute drive to work and theres nothing in the manual on what could be the issue or how to fix it.

Can anyone assist?

Many thanks,
Tim.

·
Registered
933 Posts
There is a known bug in the latest NAC firmware that causes a black screen.

It doesn't affect every PSA Peugeot / Citroen product with NAC.

Get a little video of the fault & take it back to your nearest Peugeot main dealer, its under warranty so its there problem.

There is the other option where you can turn the screen OFF, but you would know you have done it & that would come back on when you switch the ignition on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, Mr Lee.

Will get it in at the dealers.

Incidentally, how do you turn the screen off?

The power button which has a standby logo on (like on my telly) just pauses the music, doesn't turn the screen off, so not sure if I've turned it off without knowing, but as you say, it would come back on when I turned the ignition on.

·
Registered
933 Posts
According to the manual there is an option in one of the settings menus that says something like " Turn off the screen "

Pressing the black screen OR one of the menu buttons switches back to normal display.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, that was odd.

Got in the car last night to go home and the screen turned on with the ignition and worked perfectly and has done so this morning too.

Bloody gremlins!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Peugeot do release updated firmware for the NAC unit, fingers crossed they release an update with this bug fixed before your car goes in for a dealer visit so they can apply it at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts