Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had any luck installing this update, have had the email via the app on the phone, have downloaded it and saved it to a usb drive and when I put it in the car all I get is a notice saying no media file on the drive?

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Just spit balling here you've used that USB Stick to update the car before right.

USB Stick must be Fat32 formatted and on a 32GB or less stick

·
Registered
43 Posts
Perfectly normal to experience. When seeing the message, press back and wait a few seconds for the unit to ask you to confirm the update. I experienced problems with this update because of a lack of connection to the SOS/connect services and/or only using the quick format function for the drive which resulted in the error message that the update was not compatible with the hardware.

I fully formatted the USB drive (as I do with every update), copied over the update, connected my bluetooth to the car just in case and voila, update completed quite happily. I found start up much quicker following the new update - my only quibble is the 3 second or so lag of the car icon when reversing. Has anyone else seen this?

I'm in the process of updating maps as I type and found the new update asked me to select the map update file, something I had not encountered before.

The quick links section of this forum is a great resource for tips on how to update, especially using the guidance from Spanish SUV site.

Best of luck with the updates!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perfectly normal to experience. When seeing the message, press back and wait a few seconds for the unit to ask you to confirm the update. I experienced problems with this update because of a lack of connection to the SOS/connect services and/or only using the quick format function for the drive which resulted in the error message that the update was not compatible with the hardware.

I fully formatted the USB drive (as I do with every update), copied over the update, connected my bluetooth to the car just in case and voila, update completed quite happily. I found start up much quicker following the new update - my only quibble is the 3 second or so lag of the car icon when reversing. Has anyone else seen this?

I'm in the process of updating maps as I type and found the new update asked me to select the map update file, something I had not encountered before.

The quick links section of this forum is a great resource for tips on how to update, especially using the guidance from Spanish SUV site.

Best of luck with the updates!
It does'nt give me the option to go back?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks but still does nothing! have the guide in English, have followed it, only thing is the root directory and the folder. hey ho.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
When seeing the message, press back and wait a few seconds for the unit to ask you to confirm the update.'
No need to press back just wait and if everything is in order the update should start within a few seconds. In fact from memory, pressing "back" will cancel the update but I could be wrong as I have only done this when the update has refused to start because of a corrupt file.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Pressing back is only used to clear the message to say no media is found on device as per the SUVSpeugeot guide; then again, waiting for the first message to clear by itself would accomplish the same thing. To press back after confirming the update would of course cancel the operation.

I've updated my car numerous times with maps and firmware updates and experienced no issues. The use of 7-zip on a windows machine was crucial to the successful extraction of the file and the consequent update - on a Mac it didn't fare so well...

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Pressing back is only used to clear the message to say no media is found on device as per the SUVSpeugeot guide; then again, waiting for the first message to clear by itself would accomplish the same thing. To press back after confirming the update would of course cancel the operation.

I've updated my car numerous times with maps and firmware updates and experienced no issues. The use of 7-zip on a windows machine was crucial to the successful extraction of the file and the consequent update - on a Mac it didn't fare so well...
I haven't looked at the instructions since May / June last year (in French), no mention of "no data found" and this message was a complete mystery at the time to us early pioneers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts