Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using MyPeugeot App, when suddenly I have a notification for an update of the "touch screen".

version 1_074_16.1b116 - 30/11/2017

Very weirdly my car wasn't even build at this date so I don't understand how come the car don't even have this version already... but anyway. (received my car in end of January)

Anyway the update seems to be a few GBs.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I'm using MyPeugeot App, when suddenly I have a notification for an update of the "touch screen".

version 1_074_16.1b116 - 30/11/2017

Very weirdly my car wasn't even build at this date so I don't understand how come the car don't even have this version already... but anyway. (received my car in end of January)

Anyway the update seems to be a few GBs.
Interresting that your car does not have that (or newer) version if it was not built before that date.
But anyway, regarding software and map updates, if you are interrested in more details and instructions on how to perform the update you can always check the QuickLinks threat in the 3008 forum, is all identical to the 5008.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/3008-2017-138/quick-links-reading-apps-269794/

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interresting that your car does not have that (or newer) version if it was not built before that date.
But anyway, regarding software and map updates, if you are interrested in more details and instructions on how to perform the update you can always check the QuickLinks threat in the 3008 forum, is all identical to the 5008.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/3008-2017-138/quick-links-reading-apps-269794/
Thank you for the link, they actually sent me a howtoo PDF with the update anyway

I didn't have time to check the actual firmware on my car first, maybe that was only an error on the IOS app, I'll check.

Anyway I guess is still kind of handy that we receive a notification on software update

·
Registered
85 Posts
I tried to update it this morning, but 3 USB sticks came up as non compatible. They were all 16gb formatted as fat32. Not sure what else it needs?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I tried to update it this morning, but 3 USB sticks came up as non compatible. They were all 16gb formatted as fat32. Not sure what else it needs?
Hmmm that is strange, I also used a 16GB stick and it worked with no issues each time I updated.
Where are you being held up? During the copying of data from computer to the stick or during the update process in the car?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
The car didn't recognise any of the 3 USB keys. I suspect none of them are actually USB 3.0 so that might be an issue for the car. I ll try tomorrow as well with a friends key.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The car didn't recognise any of the 3 USB keys. I suspect none of them are actually USB 3.0 so that might be an issue for the car. I ll try tomorrow as well with a friends key.
I don't think USB 3.0 has anything to do with it, mine is a 10 year old USB 2.0 stick and it worked :)

I am not sure also if the car supports USB 3.0, I doubt it does but I might be wrong.

If you put music on the USB does the car see it then? Have you used any other USB stick before with the car to play music?

What I did is format the stick in FAT32 (but choose slow formatting, not the quick type), so it is completely erased and formatted. Then use 7zip to extract the files directly on to the USB stick.
Good luck, I hope you can make it work :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Update: All good. Had to leave the car another 30mins off and turn it back on and all is well. I can see 0 differences in the menus with the new firmware.

Well fuck lol. I downloaded the update, I installed it as directed, I got a green ok, asked to remove the usb, system reboot, Peugeot logo on.. and that's the last thing I saw. I waited about 30mins with the engine running, I turned the car off and back on but now I have a blank screen all the time. Any ideas before I drive to peugeot in the morning? :(

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Update: All good. Had to leave the car another 30mins off and turn it back on and all is well. I can see 0 differences in the menus with the new firmware.

Well fuck lol. I downloaded the update, I installed it as directed, I got a green ok, asked to remove the usb, system reboot, Peugeot logo on.. and that's the last thing I saw. I waited about 30mins with the engine running, I turned the car off and back on but now I have a blank screen all the time. Any ideas before I drive to peugeot in the morning? :(
Sh.... that sounds bad, the only thing that crossed my mind is to try and reset the system by holding the piano key pressed for 10s, not sure if it will work since your's seems to be frozen at startup.

They may fix it under warranty, since they install the firmware updates for free as part of waranty, but they might also decide to charge you to fix it.
I hope you will manage to fix this easily.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I received my GtLine on Tuesday (great car so far!) and the My Peugeot app told me an update was available for the touch screen.

I prepared the USB drive, inserted it into the car and hit the Navigation key and was told the update is not compatible with my hardware!!

Weird but it doesn’t sound like there are any noticeable changes anyway

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I received my GtLine on Tuesday (great car so far!) and the My Peugeot app told me an update was available for the touch screen.

I prepared the USB drive, inserted it into the car and hit the Navigation key and was told the update is not compatible with my hardware!!

Weird but it doesn’t sound like there are any noticeable changes anyway
Hi, did you try to install the navigation update or the firmware update?
In navigation updates you will get updated maps, and in the firmware update you get bugfixes and optimisations for the central infotainment system.

The problem you have with not compatible hardware is because the car does not have internet access. If you have the Connected services option, the the car should connect automatically over the built in Sim card and you can do the update, if you do have this then try to go to an area with good mobile phone signal and wait for a few minutes with the car started before trying to start the update.

If you don't have the connected services, then you can use your mobile phone to share it's internet coonection over WiFi hotspot, connect your car to this hotspot and then try to update again, it should work.

Good luck :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts