Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, hope some one can help me with this one.
Ill start at the begining i was replacing the factory radio with an aftermarket one all pluged in ready to go i checked witha meter to make sure all positive and neg where all correct,turned ignition on no radio but my front and rear windscreen wipers started even though the they where turned off.anyhow to cut a long story short i ended up putting the original radio back in then discovered the car wouldnt start.
So done a bsi reset but to no avail then headlights wont go on, now windows dont go up or down central locking dont work either,to be honest the only thing that is working is the interior light ive checked fuses all ok.
Do you reckon i have shagged the bsi unit any info will be much appreciated.
thanks in advance for all replies. bobby

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi thanks for the replies can i ask if these these bsi units are interchangable from vehicle to vehicle or do they have to be programed to the vehicle,thanks bobby

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Wonder if there is an earth to the bsi and did you somehow loosen it, would cause same symptoms you describe but this is just a guess maybe someone later could give you a better idea.:confused:

·
Registered
196 Posts
bobbyb said:
hi thanks for the replies can i ask if these these bsi units are interchangable from vehicle to vehicle or do they have to be programed to the vehicle,thanks bobby
they have to be programed to the vin

·
Registered
184 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
Not a lot off help mate but economy mode only comes on to save power this will go if you get the car started
Have you actually got the car started since this?

As betty says, economy mode will give some of these symptoms, for one it will come up economy mode and pretty much all electrical systems will remain inoperative until the car is started as it is conserving batt power.

If not this then I'd agree that it sounds like similar to earthing probs as you've mentioned electrics coming on without touching the switches, this is often to do with earth points

·
Registered
55 Posts
damm you used to be able to change any radio in a car, seems you need a Phd to do it now.
I know it is a security thing but cant help thinking that the manufacturers are millking it as well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts