Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been sorting my 807 2.2hdi Exec. She was an unloved basket case destined for the heap but I saw something in her worth saving and for the last 8 months have been trawling the local scrap yards and this forum for help and advice. I have got many thing sorted now and she just sailed through her MOT with no advisories. New belts, water pump, swirl flap diaphragm, lower arms, front springs not to mention a full service with every filter and fluid changed.
But although it pulls really well I was wondering what other owners are capable of achieving on the 'open' road. My old girl will get to 85 happily then slowly reach 95 then.... well that's it. Top speed 95 mph.
What figures are other 2.2 hdi owners getting?

·
5,987 Posts
My 2003 2.2 hdi exec was remapped and would easily top 100+ when pushed

·
5,987 Posts
It was on the car when i got it i think the last owner paid around £200 and had it done somewhere in Leicester

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Think it should go a bit faster as standard, ours tops 100 fairly easily despite 225K. Try removing and washing out the particulate filter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow.. that's good going having done those miles. It gives me hope that at 137,000 mine has some life left it in now it will be better looked after. I thought about cleaning the DPF but some say it works and others say it's a waste of time and I'm soooo worried about disturbing something.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Hi Funky,

what version do you have. The early 2.2 HDI was 135hp. the later from 2007 was 170hp. I had both versions over the years and the early 135 was a bit of a slug compared to the later.

Why would anyone want to do more than 85 mph in a large people carrier that's as stable as jelly at those speeds..?

Grumpy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Grumpy
I have the slower earlier model. I have no intention of having a go at the Nurburgring any time soon in my 'bus' but I like things to work (a challenge I know with a 14 year old French car with notorious reliability issues) and if a DPF wash will help just a little bit then it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Hi Funky..

I had 3 807s over the years, they actually turned out to be quite reliable. Good luck with keeping it on the road, when they run right thier really good. I loved mine. The later 170hp was just amazing!

Regards,

Grumpy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just an update:
I removed and washed the filter out over the weekend. It didn't look awful but plenty of black crap came out of it. Soaked over night in a big plastic box with a bastardised kettle element keeping things bubbling. Jet washed and dried out. New gasket and bolts fitted (incase I need to do it again) and WOW! What a difference. I thought it pulled well before, it's like a different car now. 105mph is now possible and that's probably as fast as I'd like to go in the old bus but the low down grunt is transformed.
Thanks to all your input.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Grumpy
I have the slower earlier model. I have no intention of having a go at the Nurburgring any time soon in my 'bus' but I like things to work (a challenge I know with a 14 year old French car with notorious reliability issues) and if a DPF wash will help just a little bit then it's worth a shot.
hdi remap at bristol 180hp 400nm fap egr delete and it flyes bigger intercooler mine is 3" sport clutch free flow exhaust over 230kmh

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Over 143mph in a minibus! That's crazy and brave! Sounds like you love your 807 a lot to do that amount of tuning to it. Hats off to you sir!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts