Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just reading Auto Express who has given the new 3008 an excellent review 8 out of 10, with price and lack of 4x4 choice costing it a 9 rating.

It cites the Nissan Qashqai and Seat Ateca as the class leaders....do you think the new 3008 can knock them of the top?

Paul

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've just come from s qashqui and can confirm the 3008 is much much better (hence I bought it)

Chose the 3008 over the Alteca, which is dull in comparison with lower spec tech, lower build quality and is relatively dull from outside in comparison.

It's a very low percentage that opt for 4x4 in this segment, so for nearly all users that is irrelevant!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I reckon it`s gonna be the best selling SUV by close of this year, they are hoping to be turning out 700 a day by the end of 2017 to meet with the 30,000 already sold :eek:

·
Administrator
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I reckon it`s gonna be the best selling SUV by close of this year, they are hoping to be turning out 700 a day by the end of 2017 to meet with the 30,000 already sold :eek:
Think you'll find, as per the Peugoet MD's press conference, 130,000 global sales so far for the new 3008.

Apparently, only the 206 did better in its first year, but could be outdone by the 3008 come next Jan.

Paul

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've just come from s qashqui and can confirm the 3008 is much much better (hence I bought it)

Chose the 3008 over the Alteca, which is dull in comparison with lower spec tech, lower build quality and is relatively dull from outside in comparison.

It's a very low percentage that opt for 4x4 in this segment, so for nearly all users that is irrelevant!
Im almost certain that I agree JupiterMan :p as I've also come from a Qashqai (and I'm sure that I will enjoy the 3008 when it's eventually gets repaired). The QQ is a half decent car except that I became sick of the niggling faults with it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Can I just speak up for the Ford Kuga. I have had the Kuga 2 for getting on 4 years now and had the 1st gen for 3 years before that. When I say "speak up" I mean specifically for its drivability and handling. Ford are noted for how well their cars drive. To me that is very important. I drive on very poor roads over the Lincs Wolds. I chose the Kuga as I reckoned I needed the 4x4 capability for winter driving (+ caravan towing) - however in all that time really there have only been a small handful of times when it was useful to have. May I say that it has fault free throughout. So this time (amongst the other well documented reasons for buying the Pug) I decided that the extra weight of the 4x4 gubbings that is carried around for no purpose for 99.99% of the time is unnecessary and decided that a front drive/winter tyre combination is likely 90% as good.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Can I just speak up for the Ford Kuga. I have had the Kuga 2 for getting on 4 years now and had the 1st gen for 3 years before that. When I say "speak up" I mean specifically for its drivability and handling. Ford are noted for how well their cars drive. To me that is very important. I drive on very poor roads over the Lincs Wolds. I chose the Kuga as I reckoned I needed the 4x4 capability for winter driving (+ caravan towing) - however in all that time really there have only been a small handful of times when it was useful to have. May I say that it has fault free throughout. So this time (amongst the other well documented reasons for buying the Pug) I decided that the extra weight of the 4x4 gubbings that is carried around for no purpose for 99.99% of the time is unnecessary and decided that a front drive/winter tyre combination is likely 90% as good.
for icy roads and temperatures below 7 degrees real winter tyres are beneficial , but the ones that come with all grip on the 3008 aren't winter tyres. they are all terrain. they will be useful for mud or thick snow though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.