Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i took my car keys for a swim today, i didnt realise they were in my pocket so are they dead? car wouldnt unlock on the button but did with the key,car started ok and locks/unlocks with the spare key.It was in salty sea water for a few minutes before i noticed and took the battery out straight out

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
dry it out fully...you might be lucky, may need recoding tho.

worse case scenerio is you have fully destroyed the chip board.

i put my ipod in a washing machine, twice, and it still lives today...that may give you some confidence

·
Registered
113 Posts
If its still wet use clean water to flush away any salt deposit. Then leave it to slowly dry in a airing cupboard or similar with with the case open dry battery contacts and replace battery. Used to be a computer engineer the amount of times users spilled bloody tea,coffee or juice and we had to strip and dry the damn things in the office. But it worked for them most times depending how long it was left for. you might be lucky

·
Registered
57 Posts
Never tried it myself but supposedly sticking it in a bowl of dried rice for 24 hours should get rid of excess moisture. completely cover it in the rice. Good luck

·
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE

well i finally remembered about this and bought a battery put it in and.............................................
IT WORKS
no faffing or anything just put the battery in and pressed the button, not expecting anything but it unlocked the car so i thought i bet it wont start it and it did, well happy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts