Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my brand new shiny GT line in Ultimate red today, simply awesome. I cannot believe the quality both inside and out, far exceeds that of my previous Audi Q3 and i don`t care who doubts it they are obviously just badge snobs. Only done around 50 miles so far but what has surprised me the most is the engine, it has to be the smoothest, quietest engine i have ever heard and the gearbox is out of this world, far superior to any auto i have had before. It feels like your been wafted along on a cloud of air and the response when you bury the pedal is instant. Everything inside lines up with no niggles that i can see, the stop/start is also good in traffic and i love the keyless entry. Everywhere i went it turned peoples heads, i will post some pictures later when i get them uploaded from my phone.

Over all i am truly taken aback, just wish a fellow member on here could have shared the same experience instead of the disappointment they got.

Fingers crossed for you Gill.

· Registered
46 Posts
Picked up my brand new shiny GT line in Ultimate red today, simply awesome. I cannot believe the quality both inside and out, far exceeds that of my previous Audi Q3 and i don`t care who doubts it they are obviously just badge snobs. Only done around 50 miles so far but what has surprised me the most is the engine, it has to be the smoothest, quietest engine i have ever heard and the gearbox is out of this world, far superior to any auto i have had before. It feels like your been wafted along on a cloud of air and the response when you bury the pedal is instant. Everything inside lines up with no niggles that i can see, the stop/start is also good in traffic and i love the keyless entry. Everywhere i went it turned peoples heads, i will post some pictures later when i get them uploaded from my phone.

Over all i am truly taken aback, just wish a fellow member on here could have shared the same experience instead of the disappointment they got.

Congrats!

+1 for the engine choice

· Registered
1,616 Posts
Congratulations Stuart although I'm afraid Gill’s bad news has rather taken the shine off your good news.

Not many members have mentioned the keyless entry but that’s one or the things I’m looking forward to.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

· Registered
620 Posts
Congratulations Stuart although I'm afraid Gill’s bad news has rather taken the shine off your good news.

Not many members have mentioned the keyless entry but that’s one or the things I’m looking forward to.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures.
Keyless is well worth it!

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lee i was in between the red and the copper for months before i ordered but i`m glad i chose the red, it looks awesome in the sunshine and a really deep blood red in the shade, with the black roof and wheels it just looks stunning. could not be happier TBH, i also think i made the right engine choice.

· Registered
544 Posts

I'm so chuffed for you Stu, it sounds like you're really pleased with your lovely car and didn't I tell you that you'd love that fabulous red? I'm so touched that you have thought about me and my misfortune with my car today but please don't let my bad luck spoil your enjoyment of yours. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of yours and to hearing how you get on with it.

It's funny how I've been desperate to see the Sunset Copper colour in the sunshine and today was such a bright sunny day that it would have been the perfect day to see mine in all its glory. However i was so overwhelmed by the damage done that I never even noticed how it looked. :nono: I just hope that when I eventually get it that it's just as nice a day as today has been.

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Gill

I know how hard it must be for you to read about people enjoying their new cars after what has happened to you today, but i`m 100% confident that when your situation is resolved you will fall in love with your new 3008 just as i have today.

Stu.

· Registered
544 Posts
Thanks Gill

I know how hard it must be for you to read about people enjoying their new cars after what has happened to you today, but i`m 100% confident that when your situation is resolved you will fall in love with your new 3008 just as i have today.

Stu.
I'm sure that you are right Stu and hopefully I won't have long to wait until I can start to enjoy my new, if not slightly "soiled" 3008. It's perhaps a good thing that it's unlikely that I will find the culprit as I wouldn't be able to enjoy my car while in HMP;)

· Registered
1,616 Posts
Message deleted, posted to incorrect thread.

Haven't got used to Taptalk yet!

Sorry Lee, your post is out on a limb now but just to confirm I mentioned some GTs that were apparently available in 3 weeks

· Registered
1,423 Posts
There seem to be a lot of figments in that configurators imagination Chris. Probably a tactic to get more people to put in orders, especially if a major GT build is imminent, and they have a surplus of pearl white paint!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.