Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the time has come to part with my beloved 307 hdi 110 2002.

130k on the clock, and constantly getting unblock diesel filter. Think it's beyond repair, dealer have said it needs a fap top up but I think the dpf has gone! The clutch squeals pulling off in first gear and the car judders and shakes when the car ticks over, the engine overruns when I turn the ignition off. Some people are saying flywheel has gone, others say engine mounts!
Airbag light comes on and fault message appears when the temp is below 6-7deg, beeps a few times, no idea what's wrong with the airbags, mono errors when over 7 deg.

Went in for full service with peugout last week and they found loads of things wrong with the car. Exhaust corroded, suspension springs corroded, brake pipes corroded...etc...the list goes on.

My main concern is the clutch squeal and the car shaking, and the DPF error. I think they are the most costly issues with the car. Anyone able to comment on my problems.

Thanks

Jody

·
Registered
207 Posts
From what you wrote, you didn't maintain your car properly, or mechanic where you took it didn't maintain it properly. According to your mileage on the clock, it's normal to change DPF, that's how long it lasts.

How is your car starting when is cold? It's possible that battery is weak, and when it's cold, there isn't enough power, so airbag error comes.

Flywheel is for changing probably. Don't take me wrong, but your driving caused early need to change it, I've seen people going much higher mileage.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Hi Jody, Sounds like you've got some work there. The squeal definately sounds like clutch, £300-£500 for new one add £400 labour. Dpf could be fixed by removing and refitting plus water pressure clean/pat fluid £80-£105 filling kit £10/ reset ecu cost? have you pp2000?
Is pump and injector ok? Car shaking could be Duff injector/egr valve/compression low on a cylinder. I think you could benefit from a change of vehicle because theres a lot of labour costs if it goes to a garage and lots of work if it doesn't. Sorry I cant make you smile, Brad

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
sounds worse than it is. if the dealer says its just a fluid top up thats all it will need. you can clean the DPF, guide on here.

clutch definitely sounds like it needs replacing...new clutch less than £200 fitting is around £120. flywheel will cost a bit more for the part, but if getting flywheel and clutch at same time will save you labour.

airbag light could be down to the cables under the seats, seen a few problems from this. fixes also on this forum.

car shaking sounds familiar to an issue i had of random missfires on all cylinders, started doing the muscle car wobble :lol:

your best bet is to find a local user with planet to do a full diag on the ECU, use the link in my sig :thumb:

but anyways jody, those are not your biggest worries...the brake lines are... imagine going down the road and having no brakes because your fluid has dissappeared out of a corrosion spot...

find yourself a little garage somewhere, and get them to check it all for a second opinion.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It does sound like a big list, maybe your a bit unlucky getting all those at one. If you had one of those each year- brakes one year with a service, flywheel the next etc, it wouldnt be so bad.

It does all add up.

I would kind of agree that a lot of those sound like big jobs and big faults when really getting the right error codes and the right maintenance/cleaning of filters etc might solve some of the niggles, but there are still a few big jobs that will cost a lot of money, which would well go towards buying another car.

Second opinion is a good idea, just incase the garage is looking for work.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be fair these problems have been there for a year or two now but I've not done anything with them due to money restraints and the fact that the car still drives ok.

So it's time to get some of it sorted. MOT in April so if I can get it through that and stop it squeaking when pulling off in first I'll be happy to drive it again for another year.

Been quoted £450 to have solid flywheel and clutch replaced, any good?

Joe..

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
sounds about right for the flywheel and clutch to be replaced...make sure its not MR. Clutch autocentres mind :lol:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Always best to regularly service and safety check, that way the jobs get done as they appear and bills stay within reach. I only wish the previous owner of my 407 had done so.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldn't mind but I've had it religously serviced every year by either Peugout or a local reputable garage and they've never mentioned the clutch/flywheel/DPF - only going on what I know about the 307's.

When the Unblock Diesel Filter message appears the car doesn't go into limp mode or drive any different, how long will it carry on like this before doing any damage?

Anyone had the full DPF removal and ECU update? I've seen it for £299 locally.

Definately going to get the list of faults checked over at a local garage just in case the dealers were trying to get serious cash out of me.

Joe..

·
Registered
176 Posts
A blocked/full DPF will cause loads of problems as I have learned the hard way.

Your Turbo will give errors and go nuts.

Engine pressure will be affected and your engine in a really bad situation will feel like it want's to shake itself loose from the chassis.

Depending on whether you have a 1.6 or 2.0l version there are 2 methods for cleaning the DPF. the 2.0l version is easier, the 1.6l version is more work intensive.

A replacement DPF for a 1.6l including the pipe leading to the pressure sensor is €348 excluding vat as long as you return your old DPF to Peugeot.

J

·
0 Posts
Can buy them for a lot less from other manufacturers - ca. £200 for the 1.6 and £170 for the 2.0

J

·
0 Posts
I'm not sure what the whole craic is about the dpf removal/MOT rules, but I am almost 100% certain some blokey at the MOT centre held this git thing at my exhaust to see my emissions. I have heard all this craic before, but bear in mind when you take info from the Irish lads that their laws are different.

Anyway, if you are replacing the filter and topping up the fluid, it can cost from £600 to £1200 depending where you go. I was quoted minimum £400 for replacement (plus the cost of labour) and £200 for topping up fluid (plus the cost of labour!).

In Hindsight, my first 307 was a pearler.

J

·
0 Posts
You would have been robbed if you had paid that..... even my Peugeot dealer wouldn't have charged anywhere near those prices :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts