Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the windscreen on 307s affect the satellite reception on the GPS? I have read that some windscreens do give problems with GPS reception, mainly Renaults.

C

·
0 Posts
Will the windscreen on 307s affect the satellite reception on the GPS? I have read that some windscreens do give problems with GPS reception, mainly Renaults.
Shouldnt think so My neighbour has only ever had issues with his Renault Espace as they have a special coating on the windscreen to help stop glare from the sun or something.

·
5,032 Posts
I think its mainly Renaults that have an athermic (sp) windscreen that have problems

·
Registered
687 Posts
yes, it can cause problems. after the original navi system failed, we used a Tom Tom and it had problems....the windscreen split and had to be replaced and the problems disappeared.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, it can cause problems. after the original navi system failed, we used a Tom Tom and it had problems....the windscreen split and had to be replaced and the problems disappeared.
I am going to look a bit dumb here, but how did the replacement windscreen do? was it a different type? ie more tint, no tint?

·
Registered
687 Posts
The windscreen was fitted by Car Glass (Auto Glass) at the rquest of the insurance company, they use screens manufactured for them by Pilkington which do not have a tint in them

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The windscreen was fitted by Car Glass (Auto Glass) at the rquest of the insurance company, they use screens manufactured for them by Pilkington which do not have a tint in them
Boy I would be a bit hissed off with that..

Thanks for all of your replies. It looks as if it is just down to weather conditions.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is on a mount on the dash, not on the windscreen. I intend to add some details of this sometime in the future, a sort of how to and review.

P

·
0 Posts
Is the tom tom update? I know some of older ones had a gps fix update which helped a lot.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep everything except the speed cameras is up to date. Every time I boot up my PC "MYTomTom" reminds me I have updates. I wish it would not :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts