Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tom tom traffic has stopped working just about all of the time. I have checked for updates on the app (none) but by coincidence whilst looking for clues as to why it may have stopped I checked for updates online and there was a system update, so I'm now up to date. I've checked online that my new subscription was still valid and it is from March 21 to March 24. Nothing has changed so why it has stopped working I do not know.

On the data and service connection screen the status of connected services is Activated but the availability of connected services is Not Available

On the application portal page it says the page could not be downloaded, please try again later. Pressing refresh results in the same message although it did manage to get to the dizzy heights of 20 percent before reverting to the cannot be downloaded message earlier in the week whilst parked in the drive at home.

Anyone have any ideas?

After a day out in York I tried refreshing the screen yesterday when we were in the McArthur Glen car park ready go home.
It managed to load to 100 percent quickly and tom tom worked until be were half an hour down the road then it went off again.

I've a 67 plate 2017 308 GT Line

Currently it is showing the following again:-
Atmosphere Rectangle Gadget Astronomical object Font
Gadget Flat panel display Computer monitor accessory Computer Font

Any help would be appreciated

Steve.

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Are you using the built in BTA II data module for the internet connection OR are you using your smart phone hot spot via tethering?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you using the built in BTA II data module for the internet connection OR are you using your smart phone hot spot via tethering?
Thanks for your reply Mr. Lee. I do not know what a BTA II data module is. The only connection is bluetooth using my smart phone for the peugeot app which is working fine as far as journey info and 'detecting a new fuel type' goes.

Would my model have a built in SIM? Would that be where I was receiving up to date traffic info?

Sorry I cannot let you have a more helpful reply, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve.

·
Registered
2021 5008 1,5 Eat8 AllurePack Platinum Grey
61 Posts
Thanks for your reply Mr. Lee. I do not know what a BTA II data module is. The only connection is bluetooth using my smart phone for the peugeot app which is working fine as far as journey info and 'detecting a new fuel type' goes.

Would my model have a built in SIM? Would that be where I was receiving up to date traffic info?

Sorry I cannot let you have a more helpful reply, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve.

If you have SOS button, you have built in internet and the TOmTOM is using that connection. If you do not have SOS, you need your phone as a hotspot

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have the SOS button, but to see if it made a difference I used my phone as a hotspot and got the same response (The application portal could not be downloaded or after getting to 20 percent then displayed the same could not be downloaded message.)
Before I asked the forum for help I looked on YouTube and there was a short video with an Australian voice which said what to check if the Status of connected services was Activated but the availability was not available as mine is. It then displayed a screen where you have to check that data sharing and vehicle position had been ticked. Unfortunately I cannot find that screen nor can I find the YouTube video . Is anyone aware of a data sharing screen so I can check that is is ticked?

Thanks again,

Steve.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I have the SOS button, but to see if it made a difference I used my phone as a hotspot and got the same response (The application portal could not be downloaded or after getting to 20 percent then displayed the same could not be downloaded message.)
Before I asked the forum for help I looked on YouTube and there was a short video with an Australian voice which said what to check if the Status of connected services was Activated but the availability was not available as mine is. It then displayed a screen where you have to check that data sharing and vehicle position had been ticked. Unfortunately I cannot find that screen nor can I find the YouTube video . Is anyone aware of a data sharing screen so I can check that is is ticked?

Thanks again,

Steve.
My knowledge is end here. If I were you, I would try a firmware update, after it the dealer/or a frined who has diagnostic tool. Maybe your antenna is dead. Good luck, let us know if you solved it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Mr. Lee and Futee.
I have found the Aussie YouTube vid - the 'check send data box is ticked' is only applicable to the 3D version. The other suggestion on the vid was if it doesn't work try moving the car somewhere else so .........

At the weekend I had to travel from Doncaster to Huntingdon on the Saturday and back on the Sunday - mainly on the A1.
I chose to do nothing at all except keep my eye on the screen to see if TomTom appeared.
It did - albeit 20 mile into the journey on approaching Retford. It then stayed connected to the south of Peterborough for 65 mile then went off again and then reappeared 10 mile later on approaching Huntingdon.

I expected the same for the reverse journey but not so. As the car was covered in ice I sat in it to defrost. TomTom appeared on the screen after 5 minutes of sitting in the car whilst it defrosted. It continued to work all the way to the north of Newark, 65 mile, then went off for 15 miles to Ollerton where it reconnected. It continued connected until I returned home.

So the only conclusion I can draw is network problems and the weather as my wife commented that when it was working the sky was clear and when it wasn't working there was thick cloud.

Thanks again for your help and I guess some of the time is better than none of the time although I hope that I don't have an accident on a cloudy day and push the SOS button as I expect that doesn't live up to Peugeot's claims as it's the same SIM.

A bit of a worry.

Steve.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks Mr. Lee and Futee.
I have found the Aussie YouTube vid - the 'check send data box is ticked' is only applicable to the 3D version. The other suggestion on the vid was if it doesn't work try moving the car somewhere else so .........

At the weekend I had to travel from Doncaster to Huntingdon on the Saturday and back on the Sunday - mainly on the A1.
I chose to do nothing at all except keep my eye on the screen to see if TomTom appeared.
It did - albeit 20 mile into the journey on approaching Retford. It then stayed connected to the south of Peterborough for 65 mile then went off again and then reappeared 10 mile later on approaching Huntingdon.

I expected the same for the reverse journey but not so. As the car was covered in ice I sat in it to defrost. TomTom appeared on the screen after 5 minutes of sitting in the car whilst it defrosted. It continued to work all the way to the north of Newark, 65 mile, then went off for 15 miles to Ollerton where it reconnected. It continued connected until I returned home.

So the only conclusion I can draw is network problems and the weather as my wife commented that when it was working the sky was clear and when it wasn't working there was thick cloud.

Thanks again for your help and I guess some of the time is better than none of the time although I hope that I don't have an accident on a cloudy day and push the SOS button as I expect that doesn't live up to Peugeot's claims as it's the same SIM.

A bit of a worry.

Steve.
There are very strange clouds...;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It would be interesting to find out what provider Peugeot use and what the terms of the contract are - a case of they get what they pay for. No doubt it's a commercial secret, perhaps they went for the cheapest 'may be shit when cloudy' contract or one that piggybacks onto a major provider who drops them from time to time so their own subscribers do not suffer. If we ask them no doubt we'll get a nebulous reply. (Gerrit- nebulous lol)

·
Registered
61 Posts
It would be interesting to find out what provider Peugeot use and what the terms of the contract are - a case of they get what they pay for. No doubt it's a commercial secret, perhaps they went for the cheapest 'may be shit when cloudy' contract or one that piggybacks onto a major provider who drops them from time to time so their own subscribers do not suffer. If we ask them no doubt we'll get a nebulous reply. (Gerrit- nebulous lol)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts