Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm a bit stumped with regards to my car which I've had for just over 3 and a half years now. I own a Peugeot 307 1.4 S. It's an 04 reg which was bought with 55K on the clock. It's now at 83K and in that time it's had new clutch plates, a reconstructed gearbox, a new head gasket and loads of other bits and bobs. It's been incredibly expensive to maintain and has had to be towed more times than I care to admit.

About 6 months ago, the throttle started to play up and the engine would have no power for about 2-3 seconds even with my foot right down, before suddenly jolting forwards. Finally about a month ago I went to start the car and it wouldn't turn over at all. I've since taken it to about four different garages - none of which can confirm what the problem is. They all agree it's an electrical failure and think a new ECU might be needed.

Having spent the amount of money I have in the past I think it's best to just get rid of it and get the most for it as I can. I'm fairly inexperienced in these matters so I was just wondering what you guys thought might be best. Stick it on eBay/Gumtree/PH or to just give it to a scrapyard? The scrappies have quoted me around £200 and I can't help but feel that's a serious undervaluation...though having said that I'm not hugely in the know about these things.

Really appreciate your advice. Cheers!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I just read your post again I would say if the car is in good physical condition if it was working I would say around £1600 with the low mileage if it does need a new ecu you can get them for around £100-£200 on ebay, but get a pp2000 scan on it first

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Even if you are definitely getting rid of the car it could be more than worth getting it repaired then selling it on. As a non-runner, even with low mileage it's not going to fetch a huge amount of money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts