Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to pull the trigger on a 3008, but I am still undecided on Grip Control. I spend some time in Northumberland and the edge of the Peak District so it may be of use, but I really don't like the Los Angeles alloys.

How many have/have not gone with Grip Control?

Ade

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I went for it. Wheels looks better than in the pictures, and the grip control is likely to come in very handy where you live, especially in winter. If you haven't seen the You Tube videos showing what it can do, they are well worth a look.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went for it. Wheels looks better than in the pictures, and the grip control is likely to come in very handy where you live, especially in winter. If you haven't seen the You Tube videos showing what it can do, they are well worth a look.
In deepest darkest Surrey at the moment, but have family and friends in Yorks/N'umberland that we regularly visit. I'm in the Military so move around, so who knows where next.

I have seen the videos and don't doubt the performance, but was curious how many had taken the option in the UK. I had also hoped the alloys looked better in the flesh, but they are not helped when the standard alloys look pretty good.

Ade

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, we had the same dilemma. Decided in the end to go for the grip control, I am not planning to go off-roading, but for the little it cost extra I thought it may help on those few snowy days.

I also struggled to work out if I liked the Los Angeles wheels.

Graeme

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, we had the same dilemma. Decided in the end to go for the grip control, I am not planning to go off-roading, but for the little it cost extra I thought it may help on those few snowy days.

I also struggled to work out if I liked the Los Angeles wheels.

Graeme
Is there something about the Los Angeles alloys that work with the AGC (other than M&S tyres) or could they be replaced with other alloys?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Have grip on my GT Line 2ltr BlueHDi, its good at getting off muddy verges ;) but I live up in the hills, note they state a 5mpg drop in fuel conaumption for the Conti cross climate tyres over the Michelins on my car.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I elected not to get it and spend the dosh on things I thought would be really useful on more journeys, like ACC and 360 degree camera.

It's not really that kind of car (in my opinion). Wait for the 4x4 version, maybe?

It will come, won't it?

Right now, it's just got the off-road clothes on, but not got any of the gear. It is OK, it is what it is.

I have a Jeep. They're pretty good at off-road... kinda known for it, a little. I hardly ever use the features. Everything stays in auto. mode for, basically, 100% of the time. I played around with Snow Mode when we had a bit of snow.

I couldn't see much difference... turned it back off, the car just worked fine. Maybe the computer was doing stuff without me knowing? :confused:

·
Registered
129 Posts
The local dealer took me offroad in a non grip control car and the diff seems to be pretty intelligent anyway, even without the grip control he was pulling away quite sharply with one wheel on tarmac and the other on a quite soggy grass verge with no wheelspin and not a mark on the verge.

He also took it across grass and was trying really hard to get it to misbehave and it wouldn't.

I have grip control on my GT-Line, but after the demonstration of the cars capability without it I haven't bothered on the GT

·
Registered
765 Posts
I went for it for entirely different reasons than most. After having a ds5 with 19" wheels where a top brand tyre was £200 - £250 and even a cheapy was nearly 100 I reckoned I didn't need that expense again. Obviously if you were going for an allure etc this may not be an issue. In nearly 3k travelled so far I have not even turned the knob to see what happens lol, then again maybe it'll snow or something :thumb:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
About to pull the trigger on a 3008, but I am still undecided on Grip Control. I spend some time in Northumberland and the edge of the Peak District so it may be of use, but I really don't like the Los Angeles alloys.

How many have/have not gone with Grip Control?

Ade
Trigger pulled; I decided against Grip Control.

Ordered a Magnetic Blue 1.2 GT-Line with roof bars and heated seats. Will probably use the money to get it Diamondbrite'd (or similar).

Ade

·
Registered
7 Posts
I chose grip control for a completely different reason - we drive in Europe in the winter months and the grip control with M&S tyres was cheaper than a new set of winter tyres. M&S or winter tyres are mandatory in some countries during the winter months :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I chose grip control for a completely different reason - we drive in Europe in the winter months and the grip control with M&S tyres was cheaper than a new set of winter tyres. M&S or winter tyres are mandatory in some countries during the winter months
I have recently got back from 2.5 years in northern Italy. Winter tyre rules apply there also so I would have gone with grip had I still been there.

Spending the majority of my time in Southern England, with only the occasional visit northwards, didnt justify the additional cost; not liking the Los Angeles alloys (as much) contributed to my decision.

Ade

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Los Angeles wheels look better in the flesh, for some reason they’re not very photogenic lol

·
Registered
408 Posts
I chose not to have grip control because I do lots of miles on motorway, and the Mud&Snow tyres increase noise and consumption.

Plus I never drive off road at all :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I chose not to have grip control because I do lots of miles on motorway, and the Mud&Snow tyres increase noise and consumption.

Plus I never drive off road at all :)
I have grip and I do lots of motorway driving, i still get 50+mpg at around 70mph ;) tyre noise isnt that bad, no worse than a none grip equipped car, mine is a 2ltr bluehdi 150 so 50+mpg is good considering my previous car was a 2014 308 with the same engine, lighter and only did about 5mpg more :)
Plus i live on a nice hill and have some nice semi off road tracks to play on :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also have gone for grip control, I live in the south-east so will probably not need it however I travel 25miles to work over country lanes at stupidly early times so any ice/snow etc could be an issue.
I don't expect I will need it but i'm more comfortable having it (or I will do if the car ever turns up)

·
Registered
10 Posts
i went for grip control on my petrol allure as i live down a very steep hill in Cornwall. one previous car was a defender 90 so it will be interesting to compare come winter. Tried the hill descend function and it was quite impresive. Finding tyre noise very low and certainly comparable to the demonstrators i tried. Ride is good also due to the increased tyre profile.
Too soon to tell on fuel economy as i have not done many miles but expecting it to be slightly lower as spec says - due to gearbox set up.
Apart from massage seat problem i am very impressed with the car - ride, seat comfort and noise levels are better than my Merc CLS which it replaced.
:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts