Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon All,

I hope you all good?

apologies in advanced if this seems like a stupid question.

I have 407 Coupe GT and i want to put another set of wheels and tyres from the same model car.

would i need to transfer the TPMS SENSORS from my existing wheels to the new wheels and tyres from the other car?

or would the new the new wheels tyre sensors will be automatiocally synced to my car?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure the sensors need to be programmed to the car so the car ECU knows which sensors it's communicating with and which corner each sensor is on.

You could swap the sensors or keep the ones in the replacement wheels BUT you would need to find the serial numbers for the sensors which is printed on the sensor body. Note which wheel has each sensor and which corner they go on. Then get them programmed with PP2000 / Diagbox

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply mate

i kinda had a feeling it wasnt that stright forward and what you say makes sense.

easiest thing to do is trasnfer the sensor like for like and side for side to avoid any issues.

i,m thinking of getting the tyres replaces so i thought i'll use the tyres that will come with alloys (replace with kerbed ones), but i just seen the tread reading and its 5,3.5,3.5 and 5.

i thjink new tyres and i was told to chaange valves too:

4 x TPMS Valves Replacement part for PEUGEOT 407 01- Alloy* £1 OFF * | eBay

thanks

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
In my 407HDI [2009] there is room for 5 sensors in Diagbox. There was no input for which corner of the car they went though. The sensor picks them up even when swapping wheels [including fitting the spare] which I did to determine which sensor of mine was faulty.. for some reason I finally discovered it was reporting the rhs wheels being on the lhs of the car, but then Peugeot numbers their cylinders backwards so why not the way they view a car..?

This scenario may differ for different models though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts