Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a v plate saloon with coupe wheels on but it trams all over the place all 4 tires are the same i was just wondering what size tires should be on the coupe alloys they are 215/55/16.

i was wondering if i can get away with 205/50/16??

G

·
That will significantly alter the gearing, duff the ride up, quite likely affect steering on the limit as the stiffer sidewall is less compliant and will promomote understeer, and also counts as a modification so needs declaring to the insurers.

If I may respectfully say to everyone who asks a similar question - if you can't afford to maintain the car properly, and that includes the tyres, then trade it in for something more in keeping with your budget.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its not a cost thing i brought the car with the wheels on and wanted to know if they were the right size and wondered if 205 would fit and or even be a better likeness to the factory fitted alloys as i dont know the size of the tires on standard wheels

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if thats the correct size the tyres are wrong on the wheels now.

205 /50 are a bit closer to the orginal spec now the question is will 205 fit on the coupe wheels ??

EDIT sorry there are right double checked i had wrong wall size they are ok on the car now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.