Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all
The other day the car made a random rattly noise when I got to work. I pulled up, lifted the bonnet and it seemed to be coming from the aux belt area. I poked about a bit and the noise went away. My first thought was heat shield as it was a really loose tinny sound but the heat shield seems to be intact. I haven't looked properly yet and at the weekend I'll remove the belt and check the pulleys but I wondered if anyone had had any similar experiences?
The tensioner seems to be a little bit jumpy is all I can see visually so far.
The car has been fine since and is driving great but it made the noise again tonight. Only at idle and again I looked beneath the bonnet but it was dark and I was on my own. The noise went away when revved to about 1500rpm though.
Any thoughts or advice is appreciated
Cheers

Sent from my M2011K2G using Tapatalk

·
9,019 Posts
Could also be alternator pulley clutch if its has one

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could also be the exhaust dragging along
I think I'd notice that I held my ear to a bit of dowel on various places and the noise seemed loudest from the alternator so tomorrow (depending on the coming storm) I'll remove the belt and test the rollers and bearings.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could also be alternator pulley clutch if its has one

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I think it does. The alternator has a little plastic cover so I'm thinking it's for the clutch bearing.
I'll have a check tomorrow but the alternator seems to be where the noise is coming from.
Thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry couldnt help myself.
Technically no as it makes the noise when the car has stopped unless I've slipped into some 4th dimension and I haven't actually stopped at all or even worse into a parallel universe where I don't even have a Peugeot except for in my head. Maybe I don't even have a head? Who knows

·
Registered
551 Posts
Technically no as it makes the noise when the car has stopped unless I've slipped into some 4th dimension and I haven't actually stopped at all or even worse into a parallel universe where I don't even have a Peugeot except for in my head. Maybe I don't even have a head? Who knows

The 5th dimension is where I like to be.
This is where they keep all the beer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts