Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, have just replaced my DM clutch in my 2.0ltr 807 reg 04 hdi, with a standard type of clutch. Boy what a job and a half.
Engine now starts and ticks over ok. On exeleration the engine is erratic and turbo is erratic , clouds of black smoke. Clutch works fine, engine naff.
Have checked wiring several times.
Can anyone advise me on possible faults and point me in the right direction
Thankyou.

·
6,081 Posts
Are you 100% correct flywheel fitted, did you check number of notches etc for crank sensor. Are you also sure crank sensor and wiring is 100% refitted correctly.

Also check also vac hoses and controllers have hoses on correct way round

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi windy, yes double checked from supplier its a Borg beck clutch set and it was located on alinement peg. So I assume that it is the same as one taken off. I will say I did not check against original, I was so exaspirated by that time it was just assembled with a lot of very strange grunts and a lot of unusual speech. Will double chech hoses and vac pipes tomorrow, haveing a lie down in darkened room today. This car is like a 5 year old stroppyvchild. Fighting all the way even though I am tring to make it better.
By the way nice bike.

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Where is the crank sensor on this is it on the bellhousing or at crank pulley end ?

Basically im asking what engine as there is a choice should be rhw but may not be

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I believe its in the most awkward place poss, ie the bell housing by the gear change mechanism.

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Ok its an RHW then the fault you describe is probably nothing to do with timing as on these if the timing is too far out they do not start.

Saying that i would remove the crank sensor and check its face as if this was left in while you removed the gearbox it could now be damaged causing a scattery signal to the ecu.

Its not hard to change just remove the airbox loosen the 10mm bolt you DO NOT have to fully remove it once loose enough the sensor rotates and can be liffted out .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that I will try and have a look at that. It may be a possible as it was left in when the flywheel was replaced and it was a struggle. Thanks

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Took me 3 weeks to do the same job on our 2.2, what a lightweight, that's me not you. Don't know how I would have managed without the gearbox suspended on the wing brace bar on some rope. Did you use the hook on the factory supplied wheelbrace to engage the clutch release bearing in the pressure plate, one tool I did not have to make.
Your car was running fine until the job so it must be something you have done or not done or fitted to cause the current trouble. Black smoke is usually too much fuel or too little air, is the turbo plumbing connected up correctly and is the turbo spinning freely?

·
6,081 Posts
Maybe worth checking timing (not that bad to get top cover off on 807) as if you did not have flywheel locked when removing clutch/flywheel bolts and engine was turned backwards there is a slight chance belt skipped a few teeth but as reliable says should have other symptoms non-start or engine light on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts