Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right further from my previous thread of antics,

Thoughts are the belt has slipped a tooth and is reason enough for engine not to engage.
Got crank pulley and cam cover off, but there are no markings on the cams or crank (block part as the crank itself is marked) for TDC or 90% from TDC?? I've done loads of belt changes (granted on simple GM engines) and it can't be the case that 'when the crank marker is vertical' due to engine mounted at slight angle.
Advice please. Thanks in advance. C.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
ive heard of a special tool that sets up the timing on peugeots...davidireland will be you best bet to answer this for you.

·
Registered
273 Posts
we need to know which engine your trying to set up, if its a diesel i just use a 2 x 8x40mm bolts and a 8mm bar to lock flywheel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah, I just read elsewhere that it had to be bolted.
Question is: how do you bolt the flywheel without exposing it?

It would seem the most awkward setup imaginable if you had to first had to remove the clutch and gearbox to bolt the wheel to be able to work on the opposite end of the engine. I mean how hard would it be to put a LINE on the crank spigot?

Issue I have with this is that the DMF isn't in great order, pending change (which I have) so unsure on i)how it's bolted, and ii)if it's able to be bolted.

Gotta be an easier way!

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I just read elsewhere that it had to be bolted.
Question is: how do you bolt the flywheel without exposing it?

It would seem the most awkward setup imaginable if you had to first had to remove the clutch and gearbox to bolt the wheel to be able to work on the opposite end of the engine. I mean how hard would it be to put a LINE on the crank spigot?

Issue I have with this is that the DMF isn't in great order, pending change (which I have) so unsure on i)how it's bolted, and ii)if it's able to be bolted.

Gotta be an easier way!
Bolt the flywheel from behind the starter. There is a little hole up there. You've to get it from underneath.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah ok,
So does the flywheel bolt simply lock it in place or does it lock it in tdc position?
I mean, if I'm correct and it has slipped a tooth, I would think that if I locked in the cams first, removed the belt, probably best to do the water pump too I fear, then find the flywheel position.
The flywheel can only be locked in one position right?

·
Registered
273 Posts
if you lock the flywheel first its much easier to see the cam position to see if your timing is out before removing the belt. flywheel only has one position to lock. peugeots timing is quite easy really once you get used to them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts