Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, advise welcome please!

I have 308 Automatic, SE model. 58 plate.

I had the "Depollution system faulty" message intermittently for a while with no noticeable effects; checked and cleared by local garage.

Messgae returned with loss of power, particularly noticeable on motorway / from stand still etc. Varied other messages appeared and went - handbreak faulty, gearbox faulty, ABS system faulty, etc. Local garage advised visit to peugeot. After several days of varied explorations peugeot decided the problem was timing chain - I have an invoice here from end of May showing they removed rocker cover, replaced timing chain and tensioners, reset timing. Total bill almost £1200, plus had a major service.

A couple of days later the gearbox faulty message came on, with a small jerk. Turned engine off/on at next traffic lights, all well. Happened again a couple of days later. Called peugeot but they said not to worry if no noticeable effects.

End of July - burning oil smell from engine after short journey. Opened up, all looked well to my untrained eye. Levels etc checked and OK. Went away for 3 weeks, car been idle. Came back week - coolant system levels low. Short journeys - smoke coming from bonnet - burning oil. Checked oil levels. Over the maximum! Not touched oil / etc since service and repairs from Peugeot.

Took to local garage who said there's an oil leek from the turbo pipe, and that I should return it to peugeot and tell them I'm not happy due to recent work done... engine should be covered under warrently from recent work. Peugeot claiming totally unrelated and I need to pay for replacement turbo pipe and parts.

HELP! Are they taking advantage of me? Feel very powerless as car knowledge limited and at their mercy! Stereotyped woman driver?! Do they have to touch / remove the turbo pipe in order to replace the tiiming chain?

Many many thanks for any insight offered.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Straight answer,NO!!!no need to touch turbo pipe when replacing timing chain!!pipe going to top of turbo has been known to leak on those!!sorry!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts