Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, been reading up online about when the timing chain is due on my car and there is loads of different stories out there! Some people are saying its due at 60k miles and some are saying 80k miles. Also does anyone have any idea to how much this will cost? Cause again some people are saying it cost them £400 to do and others are saying over £1000! Thanks

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
A timing chain is not a service item, a timing belt is though. Do you have a chain or a belt?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I quizzed the 'bloke in the garage' about this when I had a cam belt changed.

He told me :

chains stretch;
chains break;
chains should be changed;
manufacturers don't say you have to change (unlike cam belts).

Whether this was 'bull' or an attempt to drum up some more business, it's over to you.:)

D

·
0 Posts
I quizzed the 'bloke in the garage' about this when I had a cam belt changed.

He told me :

chains stretch;
chains break;
chains should be changed;
manufacturers don't say you have to change (unlike cam belts).

Whether this was 'bull' or an attempt to drum up some more business, it's over to you.:)
This all coming from the guy that makes a living working on cars. Of course he'd say they need replacement. They are not a service item. Chains can last the life of any engine if oil changes are regular. They have potential to never give trouble.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I bought my car though it didnt have any service history with it so im not sure how well its been maintained in the past, mileage on it at the moment is 57500, so if it is due at 60k then by sounds of it i need to start saving up! Lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes found it, doesnt seem to really answer my question though, shall I ring peugeot and ask them or do I ring mini??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts