Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 307 HDI 90 with 67,000miles clocked. I have had confusing advice on when to change the cambelt. Is it 70,000, 90,000 or 120,000 ? Or is it another figure?
Also does anyone know whether a broken timing belt on this engine causes bent valves - has anyone had this experience? Or is it a "non interference" engine i.e. valves do not clash as on some Mazda engines?

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
lots of debate about this , 140,000 or 10 years what ever comes first or say a taxi or lots of small runs 96,000 miles,
saying that change when you like , i myself change every 70/80k and i`m at 230,000 miles, better idea to change early if your timing belt goes there will be damage they are not "non-interference".

·
Registered
873 Posts
Whos your mechanic in ballycastle Martin, Ive just bought a timing belt kit. Good price too. £60 How much you think it will cost to fit.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
daffyduck said:
Whos your mechanic in ballycastle Martin, Ive just bought a timing belt kit. Good price too. £60 How much you think it will cost to fit.
Do you know M McGuile don`t want to say first name but if don`t i`ll pm you his name and number , he works out the drones road last belt he put on for me wasn`t dear but i cant remember as i had new clutch at same time.

G

·
If it's the 2 litre 90 you also need to replace the bottom pulley with the belt, which adds a few quid to the job.

I can't think of any current engine that's run safe (non-interference), and I'm not sure that anyone has ever made a run safe diesel due to the close clearances the high compression requires.

·
Registered
196 Posts
hi i just had my belt fitted last week.mobile mechanic. came to work and done it £100 to fit new tensiners and belt not recomended to just do the belt.mine has 130 thousend on the clock.seen old belt and pullies dont look to old but no history when last done.as they say it will damage engine so in dout do it,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts