Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi getting a little worried about timing belt on my 2017 1.6 HDI 120hp auto
I've had it from new and only done 21000 miles with yearly Peugeot service.
Looking for advice/recommendation for when it should be changed as it's coming up to 6 years old.
Cannot find any definitive data on this.
Love the car and have no problems with it.
Any advice please
Geoff

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,673 Posts
Every 180,000km or 120 months (10 Years) under normal running conditions or as per manufacturing recommendation. Being England and subject to cold, I would consider going a little earlier / 8-9 year mark.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Every 180,000km or 120 months (10 Years) under normal running conditions or as per manufacturing recommendation. Being England and subject to cold, I would consider going a little earlier / 8-9 year mark.
Thanks for your answer.
am I understanding it right ,your answer is 180,000km or 120 months but manufacturers recommendation's are what?

Geoff

· Registered
184 Posts
My 2017 1.2 Allure has a recall which I am taking to the dealer for in a couple of weeks. It's not a diesel but may be subject to the same. Check on the .gov site via the link below

My 2017 1.2 Allure Auto is subject to this recall.

I had a partial engine rebuild September 2022. New belts all round at that time. Fingers crossed it was sorted at that time.

Thank goodness for extended warranty. Nearly £1600 of work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Registered
3008 GT Line 1.2 petrol automatic (June 2017) Sunset Copper
35 Posts
When I had my car in 2017 (1.2 petrol) I was given a sheet showing the service schedule - it was specific to my car printed from a Peugeot system as it shows my VIN details, so hopefully a dealer will be able to provide the same info specific to you car. Worryingly when I was recently asked the service department at my Peugeot dealer where I purchased the car from, the people on the desk were quite surprised it was 6 year interval for the timing belt even though I showed her the paper that dealer gave me nearly 6 years ago, as she thought it's normally 10 years. Given my car is approaching 6 years I wonder how much incorrect info had been given on a general enquiry about when the timing belt needs to be changed.

For my 1.2 petrol it says (normal conditions):
ancillary drive belt - 64k miles or 6 years, then every 128k miles or 12 years
ancillary drive belt kit - 128k miles or 12 years
timing belt - 64k miles or 6 years, but then every 128k or 12 years which seems odd, why not every 64k or 6 years if the first change needed that?
timing kit - 128k miles or 12 years

My timing belt has just been replaced under a KGH recall which I found out about in December 2022

I presume the timing kit is the timing belt and water pump but I'm just guessing there. From previous cars (non Peugeot) on timing belt changes I thnk the water pump was done at the same time.

· Registered
3008 GT Line 1.2 petrol automatic (June 2017) Sunset Copper
35 Posts
Agree it's a completely different engine, I think my point was if the OP is getting a yearly Peugeot service, presumably at a Peugeot dealer, is to double check with them, especially if the OP has continued with a warranty. I can't see Peugeot being too interested if the belt breaks and it because a non Peugeot handbook says its changed at a particular schedule different to what Peugeot actually say.

· Registered
184 Posts
My 2017 1.2 Allure Auto is subject to this recall.

I had a partial engine rebuild September 2022. New belts all round at that time. Fingers crossed it was sorted at that time.

Thank goodness for extended warranty. Nearly £1600 of work.

Car into dealer today. All good. The work was done when the engine rebuild took place. Couple of EMU updates done.

· Registered
6 Posts
I not recommend to wait for 180 000km to change timing belt on 1.6 HDI on newer models from 2017.
My brother driving 2014 1.6HDI and replace belt on 180k km everything look like brand new.
I driving 2017 1.6 HDI and on 160k km check timing belt and is horrible belt is completely lose tension, just wating ti snap.
I call friend how is working in Peugeot dealer he say has cars 120k km with snap belt not one but couple or with ripped tooth, it is small dealer. Also his car 2017 1.6HDI on 140k km checked timing belt and say must be replaced.
Also he say for costumer in his dealership he has now usually check timink belt on 120k km because of this experience.
This is all car buy in continental Europe left side drive maybe is in UK different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts