Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recent I posted about a whining noise and showed a video but nobody wrote back, so I'll put the video on soon, but I thought it was the alternator, so took the belt off and started it and it was still there , so not the alternator, so got my macanic mate , he had a listen and said it could be the pump or the bearings some where and told me I'm best off getting the full thing including water pump so I'm waiting for a price, let me know guys thanks I'll get that video on

·
Registered
884 Posts
Its got to be the water pump. "Gates" do a full kit,water pump,tensioner pulley and cam belt for about £95-£110 ?
The TU engine has to be the simplest cam belt job in the trade.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't let me put a video on pal ^^ erm but if you go on previous post it's on there and my local garage is putting a full time kit on for me tomorrow 130 pound , sound about right the price pal

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also can it make the car not idle proply, it's some times starts first time but most it won't, it will start but dies straight after, or it will start but bad idle just wants to cut out, but if I keep reving it and it will stay on but once let foot off some times cuts out, but I've noticed it's like that but then it kicks in like the choke i think it is ? So if this is another problem let me no thanks

·
Registered
884 Posts
£130 ? blimey that is a good price.Does that include a FULL kit,anti-freeze,auxiliary belt,labour and VAT ?
The idle problem is a separate issue,could be the stepper motor? Mention this to your garage,they will know what it is. May be all it will need is removing,cleaning and an ECU reset.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will do ye pal I tell them, and I think yeah, I asked how much to do timing kit and pump and he took my reg and said I'll price it up and came back and sed looking at 130 pounds ? I sed what's that for the kit and water pump and fitted and he sed yes,so am guessing full thing but not sure about the antifreeze

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All sorted fella ? no more whining thank god,, and the car feels like it's drives better then it did; does that sound about right ? To me it feels better driving

1 - 7 of 7 Posts