Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and have a major problem with my 02 307 HDI. Timing belt snapped yesterday unfortunately. Had it towed to a garage and they rang me today to say that the engine will have to come out for them to remove the head to find out what is broken.

My question is : is this correct ? and if so does anyone know how much its going to cost, worst case scenario?

Cheers

John

G

·
Depends really. Was the engine revving high? My uncle had a van that had the timing belt snap whilst it was idling. This bent a couple valves, which were straightened, new timing kit put on and jobs a good un

But if you were revving too high it will probably have sheared a few valves and then it means you're gonna be replacing the engine

·
Registered
134 Posts
head

hi,possibly only taken out some of the rockers,tell them to remove cam cover first and look.
as for engine out to remove head,b******s :)
just remove windscreen scuttle panel to aid viewing.

toddy

***** edit,,just seen that this post was started in 2008,sure it must be done by now lol************* left for info only.

not sure boosting posts with old ones is quite right

·
Registered
28 Posts
if engine does come out and head comes off, it will have to be skimmed false economy otherwise, had afew mates with snapped cambelts and everyone had bent valves, only old pinto engines had short valves so they never got bent, id say get it knicked but thats not legal, pity though cos this cost is a bigge,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts