Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am wondering if there is anyone out there who is a fellow 508SW owner who knows about the cars - they seem quite rare and I am lucky enough to have bought one !
I recently got my car recalled to do the timing belt. I have two issues. Firstly the garage called me to tell me the water pump had gone and did I want to change it because to do it at a later date would involve the same work as changing the belt so I said yes. They did it and when I got the bill they charged me for an hours labour.
My point is, if I had my timing belt done as a recall and Peugeot themselves recommend that the water pump is changed at the same time, one would assume that because this issue has arisen because of the recall they would have changed the pump at their cost - as if the car hadn't have been recalled I would not have changed the pump at that time. However regardless of above, does it really also take an hour to change a water pump once the car is taken apart to change the timing belt ?
Thanks in advance to anyone for looking at this !

·
Registered
392 Posts
Changing water pump once the car is taken apart for timing belt replacement, takes 5 minutes and that is generous. But you also need-to/should replace cooling liquid and went the system, so it takes more than just part replacement. I would also think that 1 hour is minimum they will charge you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changing water pump once the car is taken apart for timing belt replacement, takes 5 minutes and that is generous. But you also need-to/should replace cooling liquid and went the system, so it takes more than just part replacement. I would also think that 1 hour is minimum they will charge you.
thanks for that - good point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts