Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a 2011 Partner professional van and have a few questions please.

Does it have a timing belt or chain? If a belt when does it need changed?

I'm after a spare key as there was only one supplied. Anywhere cheap on-line I can get one made or is the dealer the best option?

The van has two seats with a consul in the middle. Can I remove this and buy one of those multi flex seats I've been told about?

·
Registered
14,300 Posts
Since you have not told us the most important thing IE what engine you are asking about i am going to guess at 1.6 and it has both a belt AND a chain :)

Belt replacement intervals are around 120k to 150k according to peugeot but i would not leave that long unless you are a lucky person.
AGE is just as important as miles your belt is already 5 years old regardless of miles it would probably be better changed soon

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looking in the service manual it says 10 years for the timing belt? I only ask as I've just bought a 2010 model with 34,000 miles on the clock, tried to haggle on the price regarding the cambelt change and got shown the official change intervals!?

How much does it usually cost to have done?

Thanks

Mike.

·
Registered
14,300 Posts
Ask yourself this question regardless of mileage would you trust a 10 year old belt ?

Belt swap will cost between £100 and £300 depending on who and what is used.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got my first quote - 485 quid at an independent- that's more than it cost to have the belt and water pump done on my Audi!! Going to get some more quotes I think....!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking in the service manual it says 10 years for the timing belt? I only ask as I've just bought a 2010 model with 34,000 miles on the clock, tried to haggle on the price regarding the cambelt change and got shown the official change intervals!?

How much does it usually cost to have done?

Thanks

Mike.
I have mine booked in at my local garage for the 9th to have it changed. I bought the kit myself including the water pump for £100 and the garage is charging me £135. So all in £235. I'm in Central Scotland.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts