Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
I replaced mine at 99k,old belt looked as good as new ,but you just can,t take the chance. if yours was replaced at 55k it should be ok for another 60k.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well that's the thing... there's a stamp in the book but nothing else... I'm 95% sure it was done but unless I see a receipt theres no proof.... out of curiosity how many hours is it to replace it...2-3?

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
well that's the thing... there's a stamp in the book but nothing else... I'm 95% sure it was done but unless I see a receipt theres no proof.... out of curiosity how many hours is it to replace it...2-3?
Kind of depends on the circumstances. If you have the use of a fully equipped workshop then a couple or three hours would cover it. If like me you have to do the job in the street without all the right kit then a bit longer.

P

·
0 Posts
My understanding with 90K or 10 years, whichever came first.

I did mine on drive with the help of the excellant advice on here, and my dad. Started 11am, was done for about 5-6pm. This included a lunch break and two trips to the shops for bits. Bare in mind first time and we had no clue. Just took it steady. Following the guides in Haynes book and guide in autodata. But that really helped was this forum and two specific guys who i still owe BEER!

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
the 1.6 hdi is the easiest model i have ever done a cam belt on

i did mine in 4 hours and ive never done one before

8mm drill bits and a good impact gun is the main tools needed as well as a decent socket set

1 - 9 of 9 Posts