Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello dear forum members.
I our region we are witnessing a massive timing belt crumbling in all 1.2 cars from peguot/citroen in different kilometer range (some at 40,000 some at 90,000 some without pass until the timing belt change without any problem)
This problem is leading to oil ways and vvt valve blockages sometimes can lead even to engine failure.
Our main dealer refuses to recognize the problem and take any responsibility for that.

To make further conclusion i wanted to ask you if this problem is known and if there is some recall or psa offical recognition to that or if the timing belt has been changed to other model that's not crumbling?

here's a photo of my timing belt the (2014 made 86,000 km pass)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q-M...ew?usp=sharing

·
5,673 Posts
Have you ever used engine flush or similar. There have been reports some flushing products attack the belt and PSA are refusing to accept warranty claims if they are used

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for you reply. No i have never used engine flush. But recent owner did used some cleaning thing that you add to the fuel tank to clean the fuel system.
What is strange is that the main dealer service senter is the one that adding this stuff to the fuel tank between every service.

Pug the camblet is inside the motor and comes in contact with the oil

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Yet another wet belt like fords 1.8 tdci engine early models were chain later models wet belt and the wet belt fails killing the engine !!!

Another reason not to buy a 3008 when it gets old !

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's been discussed on another thread.
https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2218982

There is no recall at the moment .
No new belt part number or alike.
Nevertheless, PSA is well aware of the issue with pureTech 1.2 engine.
It is not related to fuel/engine additives.
It simply "happens" with time. "Hair" from the belt detached and may clog the oil paths which will trigger oil pressure alarm. (Service light).
If condition gets worst it may eventually snap.

PSA has released a special tool to diagnose the current belt condition. Ask your dealer.
It also reduced the change interval from 180Kkm to 100Kkm so that belt is replaced under warranty in most cases.
(Changing engine during warranty costs more to PSA)

However, people reported dry belts at 30000 km too. If detected , a full engine flush and clean is required to remove all debris.
So the best choice at the moment is to have your belt checked for dry cracks every service and replace it way before recommend interval. Beware of non approved engine oil .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts