Peugeot Forums banner
421 - 434 of 434 Posts

·
Registered
3008 PureTech EAT6
10 Posts
I checked the timing belt and also had it checked at EuroRepar and it seems fine at 80k+ kms. It seems the car was serviced with Total B71 2290 every 15k kms before I bought it. There are no signs on bolts to suggest the belt was serviced.

I currently use Total 2312 . Will have it replaced at 90k with 2297 (as suggested by servicebox) just to see how it looks. Maybe get the pan removed to check the strainer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Took my car (2016, 45k) in to a dealer for the recall, was told no issues with the belt. I wasn't convinced (there is a longer story to this...) so I took it into another dealer after involving Peugeot CS. The other dealer then found fibres in the sump and blockages, although I had no warning lights and the car drove well. There was a worrying knocking noise though. The belt was replaced and the cleaning/flushing carried out. They replaced one of the solenoids and now the car sounds great, so hoping no lasting damage.

Clearly the width inspection isn't enough, but it's probably a way for them not to have thousands of cars needing belt changes all at once. I'd be looking for a second opinion if your car is 2013-17 as I think the only real way to know the belts condition is by checking the sump.

·
Registered
16 Posts

2022...23 chain
Likely fuel in oil issues, never was fully fixed, many different belts.

I pray that using LPG and 7000km half yearly oil changes will minimize risk. We will see.
I wonder if the switch to a chain could leave them open to a legal inference that even the latest belts have a design fault? Hopefully put an onus on them to fund repairs, but somehow I doubt it.

421 - 434 of 434 Posts