Peugeot Forums banner
381 - 400 of 434 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
These are the codes the car flashed up in my local garage. Constant codes P15A8 oil pressure, P1032 & P1033 Pre ignition. Other codes were P2299, P0494, P15A1, U1213 and U1205. Fuel evident in the sump pan and rumble pre ignition.
How do you know there is fuel evident in the sump pan?

·
Registered
257 Posts
This begs the question, is it the fuel in the oil that is causing the timing belt to swell and release shavings or
is it down to the belt simply swelling over time because it was manufactured from unsuitable materials or both together?
good point, it seems turbo versions are more likely to have problem than atmo. 3:1 approx

direct injection gets more fuel to oil, this is true for any DI engine on market.
short cold trips are worst ; when gasoline does not evaporate from oil, it will just accumulate. even may increase level on stick.
and consider oil acidity from longlife intervals, and situation gets bad quickly......

in my case, i have indirect+lpg. which does not dissolve into oil. so i should be the best case scenario.
i am very curious in few years. belt looks like new. 2017 37000km

·
Registered
3 Posts
How do you know there is fuel evident in the sump pan?
good point, it seems turbo versions are more likely to have problem than atmo. 3:1 approx
The car was diagnosed and inspected at my local garage. Everything I have described is on my invoice. From what I gather, the software is causing the car to over fuel resulting in petrol in the oil. The technician at the garage told me there was quite a lot of petrol in the oil. This is what Peugeot must think is causing the timing belt to swell hence the massive recall. The recall is to change the software and evaluate timing belt swelling. In my situation it's come too late.
In reply to hpc3, I think he may be right. The car was an ex demonstrator hence short cold trips plus I use the car to go to work daily and that's only a five minute drive each way. I wonder if this is the reason the belt has released shavings so soon?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Jeremy sorry to hear the trouble you're having I'm currently waiting for Peugeot to re- stock 1 part then I'll be having the timing belt replaced and any other issues bought on by the dodgy timing belt courtesy of Peugeot as things stand. Wouldn't out it past them to try throw some cost my way.

Anyway have Peugeot not offered you any goodwill towards cost or offered to repair it under the recall. Also did you not receive a letter tells you about the recall?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Jeremy sorry to hear the trouble you're having I'm currently waiting for Peugeot to re- stock 1 part then I'll be having the timing belt replaced and any other issues bought on by the dodgy timing belt courtesy of Peugeot as things stand. Wouldn't out it past them to try throw some cost my way.

Anyway have Peugeot not offered you any goodwill towards cost or offered to repair it under the recall. Also did you not receive a letter tells you about the recall?
Hi Johninho, My local garage contacted Peugeot who suggested the car might be able to be fixed on warranty so I am waiting to hear about that. I know there is a backlog of parts so I could be without the car for a month or more. Also they were unable to offer me a courtesy car which is a bit annoying. I haven't received a letter so far probably because the recall was only issued on the 23rd March. I really love this car. It's solid, smooth, reasonably economical and a joy to drive. Definitely a step up from my Focus TDCI mk3. There's a story behind this car too. It was eventually scrapped after the head went on it a second time. No garage wanted to touch it due to the wet timing chain system. My car previous to that was another Peugeot 308. That was a fantastic car. It never put a foot wrong in 11 years of ownership. The only reason I parted with it was because the police started to follow me because of the car's age.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a major fail on my 2015 1.2 puretech 110bhp with 107000 km on the clock.
After a breakdown on the highway the car has been towed to the Peugeot garage.
After first examination the mechanic reports that the timing belt has started to crumble and the debris from it has clogged the oil system causing issues with oil pressure.
The car has been serviced by the book by an authorized Peugeot garage (as recently as September this year) and cam belt replacement is not due until next service that is 20000 km away.
It is out of warranty. But the garage will try to make Peugeot take the costs since it might be a type related issue and car has been properly serviced.
So you guys driving this engine with lower milage than mine might want to have the belt and oil system checked before you are hit too.
Cheers!

Skickat från min BLA-L29 via Tapatalk
I had the same problem, I paid nothing. Peugeot took the bill. :)
Milage was only 45000 km.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Evening all.
I have had a letter about a recall ( code JZR)
It has been in twice to my local dealer and on both occasions they didn't do anything as "the part wasn't in stock"...
I am waiting for them to call me back when the part is in stock, last contact with them.was 4 weeks ago!.

10 days ago, my car went for a service at my local non Peugeot garage (used many times).
Last weekend, I started to get fault message, get repaired.
Auto electrical garage have identified an ECU fault codes and found the vacuum pump blocked, with a quote to repair of around £2000.

Its a 2016 (65 plate) 203, 1.2 pure tech turbo 130bhp with just under 45k on the clock.

Am I likely to get this sorted by Peugeot? I will not be paying that money!

I was going to chop it in for a newer model in a few months too.!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all. Been reading this forum for the past few days. I am thinking of getting the new 3008 and i would like to ask if they fixed the issue with the belt. Are these new engines coming with a chain now or not? Also, is the 1.6 petrol turbo having the same issue? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2007 Blue 206 1.4 Look 3dr petrol
87 Posts
Hello all. Been reading this forum for the past few days. I am thinking of getting the new 3008 and i would like to ask if they fixed the issue with the belt. Are these new engines coming with a chain now or not? Also, is the 1.6 petrol turbo having the same issue? Thank you in advance!
This was a fault on puretech 110 and 130 bhp engines between 2013 and 2017, these have been recalled about three months ago, as the belt crumbling causes the brake booster to clog and leads to a loss of breaking. They fixed it by adding a sensor to warn the driver of increasing brake pressure, and a software update and reduced cambelt replacement intervals.
This should not affect new peugeot cars.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, I do have 308 SW. from 2018. Belt has been changed at 50 000km. And now the brake booster is also doing funny stuff..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Evening all.
I have had a letter about a recall ( code JZR)
It has been in twice to my local dealer and on both occasions they didn't do anything as "the part wasn't in stock"...
I am waiting for them to call me back when the part is in stock, last contact with them.was 4 weeks ago!.

10 days ago, my car went for a service at my local non Peugeot garage (used many times).
Last weekend, I started to get fault message, get repaired.
Auto electrical garage have identified an ECU fault codes and found the vacuum pump blocked, with a quote to repair of around £2000.

Its a 2016 (65 plate) 203, 1.2 pure tech turbo 130bhp with just under 45k on the clock.

Am I likely to get this sorted by Peugeot? I will not be paying that money!

I was going to chop it in for a newer model in a few months too.!
If the problem has occurred due to the timing belt crumbling I would presume it will be fixed under the recall. It will possible take around 3 days when you take it in the garage but I'd check with your dealership to make sure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This was a fault on puretech 110 and 130 bhp engines between 2013 and 2017, these have been recalled about three months ago, as the belt crumbling causes the brake booster to clog and leads to a loss of breaking. They fixed it by adding a sensor to warn the driver of increasing brake pressure, and a software update and reduced cambelt replacement intervals.
This should not affect new peugeot cars.
Having this issue with my 308sw GT Line 67 plate. 1.2 Puretech petrol 53k miles on the clock, engine repair light on, knock error codes, eating oil. Sounds very rough. Braking not as good, new set of tyres on and brakes have been recently inspected as all fine. Garage said it’s the timing belt crumbling and / or carbon deposits. Not had any letter about a recall - car was registered in Sept 2017 - so not just the cars up till April 2017. Also not that long out a warranty 🙁

Error codes P1032, P1033, P3060, P1034, P1035, P1337, P1338, P1339, P1385, P3061

Really love the car but this is another rather large failure on it. Its current value has plummeted too. (LED headlights failed within a year, took over a year of arguing with main dealer to get them replaced, they put up a huge fight - suggesting I was using the lights wrongly & I should try leaving them on automatic.

Will contact Peugeot to see what my options are.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
I'm waiting for rear cross traffic alert & blind spot monitoring to be added to the Corolla else ill look at the C-HR later in the year instead.
Either will do me in 2 litre Hybrid form - if the Corolla had been available last time I required a car, I would have never bought my current 308.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
I'm certainly doing more in depth research before buying another vehicle.

Must have a decent warranty, a timing chain, 4 cylinders, no turbo & if it's direct petrol injection some kind of port injection to keep the backs of the inlet valves clean.

Toyota 2 litre hybrid fits that spec perfectly.

381 - 400 of 434 Posts