Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ive done all my cam belts on the 307s ive had. ive done 2 2.0hdis but my new one has a different camshaft sprocket

in the haynes it says about taking it off and rotating it. seems overally complicated to me

i have taken the starter out and pinned the flywheel to be extra sure

any advice from people that have done this kind of cam shaft

there is a cutout in the sprocket but nothing in the engine to pin it. was thinking of tippexing in there and tippexing the bottom sprocket to be overall y sure

any advice appreciated

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
From What I've seen, some camshaft sprockets have three elongated bolt holes and the way I understand it, the camshaft is pinned, you slacken off the bolts and then tension the belt. The pulley will rotate a little as the teeth line up. once tensioned you do up the three bolts and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
Yes that is correct some are adjustable some not later engines the adjustment is on the crank pulley and the cam pulley is non adjustable but it can be pinned regardless of type have a closer look.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi guys thanks for the tips in the end i did find a timing hole. why doesnt it mention it in the haynes

the thing i struggled with the most is the 8mm bars werent a easy fit .

cars back and is running anyway. just need to pop out for coolant and a timing bet tensioner then ill crack on.

the old belts shot. but someones fitted a idler pulley at some point in its life :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts