Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i have a 1991 106 1.1 carb ,i am having problems with the timing after changing the head gasket ,i have pinned the crank at the flywheel and the cam in the head using a 10mm drill for the cam and the flywheel with a 6mm bolt, both holes line up fine after turning by hand but it just wont run, i mean it will start and run like crap backfiring and stuttering but only when i move the distributor fully clockwise which i shouldn't have to do but thought it was worth a try ,the only thing i can think of is that i may of put the rocker on the wrong way round if that is even possible ? to me the timing seem out but peeps are saying its not adjustable as it is set with the timing pins ,has anyone got any ideas
thanks in advance
david

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
If you have a distributor then the timing IS adjustable

Most likely thing is plug leads are not in correct place they NEED to go on the correct order in an older distributor type engine unlike a modern engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have a distributor then the timing IS adjustable

Most likely thing is plug leads are not in correct place they NEED to go on the correct order in an older distributor type engine unlike a modern engine.
i have thought of this i think they are in the correct order but i will check do you know if the cap is marked with the correct order ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Firing order 1 3 4 2 . But are you aware All Peugeot engines ( disregarding the Fiat engines on later cars ) have number one cylinder at the flywheel end? Just a thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts