Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :)

Long time since my last post..
Anyway many things have been done to the car, sunroof came on the way, bought it from a scrap yard yesterday, got it in garage, ''smart'' guys on the scrap cut the wires half way on the car, so they try'ed to test the sunroof, but they didn't know how, i do believe that they some how mistake the wires and try'ed connecting it to plus and minus, how ever that wanted..

I ended up with a half working sunroof at the end of the story (When i try it directly with plus and minus, on the sunroof motor, it is working), but i need a wiring diagram for the sunroof motor so that i could test it, i'm not sure did they mistake the wires and burned pcb inside the motor. :(

Please if someone has schematic i would be really thankful.. :)

Sorry if there are some grammar faults i'm really in the rush for job.:thumb:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like the motor has leads from the CANbus; lets hope they didn't fry the processor.

So if i'm getting it, there is a module between sunroof and bsi ? (RSF1)
And without it sunroof wont be working ?

Or i'm getting it wrong ? Could i take a wiring harnes from Panoramic roof, and use it for can wires, positive and negative? Because i don't really think that any of workshops will be able to connect it here ? (Pins on bsi), most of them are just being like it is not possible, you wasted money...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
No, PSF1 is the fuse box, 6811 is the sunroof motor assembly, 6800 is the sunroof operating switch and BSI1 is the bsi. You should be able to connect power directly to the sunroof switch/motor to test if the motor works.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it should be working without connecting it to bsi ? Just the power suplgly ?
because that way it is not working :/ I don't know what could be the problem ?
is the motor for Panoramic roof and tilting sunroof same ?
I don't have any serial number on mine, but, when i compare them fisicaly they are same, i don't know anything about the bord inside the motor tho..

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
The circuit suggests that the motor is computer controlled, so it is likely that the wires from the BSI should be connected.

Whether that will be enough is difficult to say. It may be that the BSI needs to be configured to know that it has a particular type of roof, in order to send the appropriate digital signals. If so, you would need to use Peugeot Planet to do the configuration.

From the parts section of the Peugeot Service Box, the 4 door saloon has a sunroof with "sequential control and anti-pinch". The estate has a sunroof "with roof window" - panoramic? The motors have different part numbers.

According to the SEDRE, there are three different BSI's on 407. To be more specific about the diagram for your car, I need to know the last eight digits of the VIN.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The circuit suggests that the motor is computer controlled, so it is likely that the wires from the BSI should be connected.

Whether that will be enough is difficult to say. It may be that the BSI needs to be configured to know that it has a particular type of roof, in order to send the appropriate digital signals. If so, you would need to use Peugeot Planet to do the configuration.

From the parts section of the Peugeot Service Box, the 4 door saloon has a sunroof with "sequential control and anti-pinch". The estate has a sunroof "with roof window" - panoramic? The motors have different part numbers.

According to the SEDRE, there are three different BSI's on 407. To be more specific about the diagram for your car, I need to know the last eight digits of the VIN.
21016770 Mine doesn't have a sunroof.. i don't know will it fit the bsi with sunroof.. :/ , i could at least use wiring to bsi from panoramic roof ?
Because i got no idea where to connect these two wires.. ?

Peugeot planet is not a problem because i have my own one. :)

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
This is the diagram for your car IF it had a tilting sunroof. It is the circuit you need to achieve. I do not know why you ask about the panoramic roof, as your car does not have one:

The two green wires (they are not really green - identify them by the numbers) should run to a connector for the motor. If you cannot find them in your car, I suggest you identify the wires at the BSI and splice in there.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Here's the diagram for the panoramic roof fitted to the estate car of the same age as yours - good luck:

(The only wires from the BSI are two fused power supplies. This link may help reading the diagrams)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks my sunroof that i got is from the first diagram that you sent me it has two ''green'' wires, i will try to connect it today, to bsi and see if anything happens. i was asking for panoramic roof because of the wires to bsi, but since you sent me a picture of bsi connector i wont be really needing wires from panorama anymore.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Well, I hope it works. Let us know how you get on. I'd be interested to know if you need to configure using Planet.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is working, had to activate it Peugeot planet, :) I think my switch is dead, so i might have to buy new or used one, because when i look at switch parameters first 3 to left and right are tilt, and when i select starting position, switch is still in tilt position 1, even try'ed learning sunroof, again it starts rolling back and goes to start position, then tilts and stays in tilt, i guess it is a bad switch, tho, when i just click on the switch it should retain to normal position but nothing is happening, i can't seem to find a problem. i will be trying other switch, after that i will post again. :) Thanks again for your help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts