Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive uploaded a video on youtube for you guys to see...
20130228_132727[1] - YouTube
I have a ticking/knocking sound whenever the engine is cold (moreso now while im making short journeys)
Ive allways allowed time for the engine to fully heat through where i am making short journeys, sometimes the knock turns to more of a clatter when accelerating off and dissapears completely when the temp is up in the 70's
also i seem to be experiencing the engine juddering whilst idle, flat spots at around 4k whilst accelerating hard (joining a bypass) and a resonating high pitch ringing around 3.8k
Brownish smoke when cold, completely clear when the cat is hot
Shes done 100228 miles now mabe a trip to the scrappy is apparent :'(
MOT due next month o_O

Your help is appreciated ")

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moreso from the top drivers side of the engine bay.. The Carbon Filter has been changed, and it used to do this when i had the old one (if thats what you mean)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From Experience, how many miles would you say that these engines can do before they start failing emissions, and are in need of a rebuild, im seriously considering a 1600 diesel C4, but at the same time ive spent quite alot of money on this car, and it would be sad to let it go, and i dont think the bank will grace a new car.. Man i really miss my ZX now :(

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No criticism, But i might disconnect it, your probably in all fairness absolutely right, in which case, it would be a complete waste of time, removing the panel..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts