Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi to all, i am not an rooky but not a pro at car mechanics but i am stuck with a problem. i no the clutch needs changing, its been slipping for a while.

i got the car from me dad about 6 months ago and well over due a service,(oil,filter, plugs e.g) also the clutch is starting to slip every now and then.

i have ordered the new clutch and will be changing that in few days when it arrives, but my main worry is that i was driving the car tonight and a new noise started. when driving roughly at 30 mph, i can hear a ticking noise, it slows down as i slow down.

but let me explain.......the noise is not there when i have my foot on the power, and when i have the clutch pedal pushed down. but when the clutch pedal is up and my foot is off the power the noise is there. ticks really fast as im driving at 30 and slows as i slow down, as long as i dont have my foot on any pedals. aslo the noise is gone when i come to a stand still, i think any way.

chamging clutch soon so would like advice before i start to do anything if possible.

many thanks for any help recieved.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Before you start - check for any oil leaks at the engine-bellhousing join.

If there is some (or a lot) then maybe the reason your clutch is slipping is that it has oil on it.
If you have a leak here - add oilseals to your list before you start.

Ticking noises are usually related to driveshafts, so jack up a side and check for any play in CV joints. This may only appear - when slow cornering, at certain speeds, off load only, on load only, with engine movement(fast cornering). Quite a range of different conditions - but will produce speed related clonks and tics.

You will also need a square drive for the gearbox filler/level plug. I bought a kit of assorted plug tools - very handy.

If it is an outer CV joint at fault, you can just replace that, but if an inner one, then a replacement driveshaft is needed. Also check the mid-bearing on the RH one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts