Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help just started today peugeot 407 2.0 hdi loud ticking noise from top end of engine it seems to be coming from around the 3rd injector looking from the right hand side.put in bottle of forte injector cleaner still no joy as you raise the revs it is only slightly noisier then dissapears and comes back again after about 30 seconds any ideas

THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
919 Posts
bentleyboy said:
Can anyone help just started today peugeot 407 2.0 hdi loud ticking noise from top end of engine it seems to be coming from around the 3rd injector looking from the right hand side.put in bottle of forte injector cleaner still no joy as you raise the revs it is only slightly noisier then dissapears and comes back again after about 30 seconds any ideas

THANKS IN ADVANCE
its either the crank shaft pulley or the tensioners... nothing major..

·
Registered
495 Posts
Also maybe check around the injectors for a blackish substance..if this is present then i'd say one or more of your injector seals are passing compression....a good check is to mix alittle washing up liquid with water and spray it around each injector base (keep the water alway from the injector connections....:eek: ) if you see bubbles then you need to replace the injector seals....seals are cheap but there is a few hours work involved in removing the injectors.....thats if its the problem.
Ron.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I too have a slight ticking noise that can only be heard during tickover. Im suspecting the cambelt tensioner might be a bit noisey. The cambelts being done a week on saturday. The cars due for clocking over 140K so as I believe the belts need doing every 70k or so the timings right to get the job done and resolve the ticking noise.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Newspaperman said:
I too have a slight ticking noise that can only be heard during tickover. Im suspecting the cambelt tensioner might be a bit noisey. The cambelts being done a week on saturday. The cars due for clocking over 140K so as I believe the belts need doing every 70k or so the timings right to get the job done and resolve the ticking noise.
I believe there is a prob with water ingress in the timing belt that makes rust appear under belt (i know its not a metal belt)giving this noise , peugeot know about this but whether they do anything is another story.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts