Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, got a ticking noise from the engine. Mainly when cold. It doesn't do it all the time. I hqve checked oil level and is OK.
If this was an old car, I,d say it could be tappets need adjusting, but tappets are non existant.
Could it be cam followers? If they are used now.
I can't determine where the noise is, all I know its from the engine bay. It has been serviced with correct oil c2 within
last 6 to 8000 miles.
Also, when we have had cold mornings only sometimes does it sound loud, but always will go when engine is hot.
Any ideas what this could be?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi, got a ticking noise from the engine. Mainly when cold. It doesn't do it all the time. I hqve checked oil level and is OK.
If this was an old car, I,d say it could be tappets need adjusting, but tappets are non existant.
Could it be cam followers? If they are used now.
I can't determine where the noise is, all I know its from the engine bay. It has been serviced with correct oil c2 within
last 6 to 8000 miles.
Also, when we have had cold mornings only sometimes does it sound loud, but always will go when engine is hot.
Any ideas what this could be?
what engine would be nice, if diesel it could be injector seals have a look for black gunk round base of injector

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok ive looked for the black gunk, cant say that there is anything of interest, its only grime really so could just be dirty. I have noticed the ticking is definitely worse when eng7ne is cold, if this was an old engine I'd say camshaft or cam followers need adjusting. - thats what it sounds like.
Not noticed any difference in engi e performance or the fuel consumption.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so put my car in the garage. They changed 3 out of the 4 seals. Last injector is apparently seized. Any tips on how to get it out without it breaking? If it breaks wots thd worst case. Is it a head off job to get it out.?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
they do correct peugeot tools to remove the injectors maybe this is needed

i get a bit of tapping at idle im sure its to do with the super thin oil

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope they do, they are a multi franchise car dealer. Peugeot is one of their franchises, but who knows!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did notice a puff of fumes coming from behind the plastic pipe that runs inbetween the battery and engine block on the rh side. I think it connected to air filter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts