Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi thanks for viewing. having a ruddy nightmare with a thudding noise from somewhere infront of the passenger footwell. the thudding can also be felt through the brake pedal when pressing it. sounds terrible and gets worse as you slow to walking speed. but occasionally when abs warning light appears on the dash and display the thudding never happens. the car has had visits to 3 different garages, inc jct 600 hull and had no luck correcting the fault. can anyone help me, its getting to me now and my wife feels unsafe driving it. cheers. please reply asap.:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is a strange one. Put the car in neutral, jack up the front passenger side wheel and make sure it rotates reasonably freely - no gross axle or braking problem. Have someone gently apply the brakes to see if the braking is even as the wheel rotates. Also check the tyre for flat spots / damage.

Check the brake disc on the front wheel, passenger side for any signs of damage, deterioration and any warpage. Check the calapers and pads.

I don't have any real knowledge on the 307 engine and braking system layout. However, I have a feeling that this may be a problem with the ABS controller / valves.

Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for the reply. i have had new discs and pads all round, new lower arm bushes drop links and rear near side speed sensor. someone else has mentioned a fault or breakage on a wire loom. its back at the garage on tuesday for a diagnostic check. :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,

Okay. It sounds like a problem with the ABS system in some way. May well be a broken wire or damaged wheel sensor. Hopefully the diagnostics check will tell you what the ABS controller is thinking.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi to fryer and sar4h (that would be an excellent reg plate!) At last, the thudding has ceased. took the pug to a former peugeot technician and he knew what the fault was. he said that when one rear brake sensor is replaced, it is a good idea to fit the other side aswell, and now, touch wood!!, as us blokes do, it is spot on. many thanks,suggy :) :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts