Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My car has started to act wierd during regens.

It happened one week ago and now again when it started to regen.
Normally I only feel a slight juddering if it regens and I apply just a tiny bit of throttle. Normal driving at quite ok speeds I didn't notice much juddering, but I guess it's normal that it judders slightly during regens.

However now it's not good anymore.

During regens it now dies if I apply more than appox 10% throttle. It doesn't stop, but it seem to me that the ECU cuts the fuel supply until I get off the throttle and just apply it very slightly.

One solution is to give a lot of throttle, because it seem like the ECU will inject diesel again if I press accelerator to about 75% throttle or above that.

This means it's very annoying to drive during regens now, as opposed to before when it was just slight juddering to notice.

So in reality I'm stuck with either almost zero throttle, or full throttle. Anything in between and the ECU cuts diesel supply to injectors.

Anyone experienced before?

·
Registered
121 Posts
hi there thats exactly what my 1.6 hdi 308 is doing i have noticed,it was a little stutter during regen but the last two times it is awful and as you have said,i have looked on my peugeot diagbox and no faults for it so am following closely.

D

·
0 Posts
Call to a dealer. You won't know its there until the car is connected to the server in France.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi

My car has started to act wierd during regens.

It happened one week ago and now again when it started to regen.
Normally I only feel a slight juddering if it regens and I apply just a tiny bit of throttle. Normal driving at quite ok speeds I didn't notice much juddering, but I guess it's normal that it judders slightly during regens.

However now it's not good anymore.

During regens it now dies if I apply more than appox 10% throttle. It doesn't stop, but it seem to me that the ECU cuts the fuel supply until I get off the throttle and just apply it very slightly.

One solution is to give a lot of throttle, because it seem like the ECU will inject diesel again if I press accelerator to about 75% throttle or above that.

This means it's very annoying to drive during regens now, as opposed to before when it was just slight juddering to notice.

So in reality I'm stuck with either almost zero throttle, or full throttle. Anything in between and the ECU cuts diesel supply to injectors.

Anyone experienced before?
any joy with what is causing it mate.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sadly not. But it has done it again the last two regens also (once a week approx).

It's still very annoying, but I'm not sure what to think about it. I really don't think it's related to the diesel filter, even that was the first the dealer asked me about.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sadly not. But it has done it again the last two regens also (once a week approx).

It's still very annoying, but I'm not sure what to think about it. I really don't think it's related to the diesel filter, even that was the first the dealer asked me about.
im wondering if it might be one glow plug weaker than the others ?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't be the cause for mine at least, as mine totally cuts all throttle, so car just stops, unless I ease off the throttle and just give it a little, or I floor it, then it flies.

Must be something else than glowplugs.

I've been wondering about the throttle housing / IC bypass system.
Maybe it ideally want's to bypass the IC when doing regens, to get exhaust as hot as possible?

Could there be something with the solenoids operating the butterfly valves?

If both throttles is suddenly closed at part throttle, no wonder it won't drive...

It's just a theory that I got. And that it on just very slight throttle, or full throttle it is not bypassing the IC for some reason?

·
Registered
121 Posts
mine has the single doser not double like yours i know it closes this during regen so it is understandable to run funny when regenerating but what has changed now is the thing,i have tried another air doser and it did the same i have performred actuator tests on it and its fine so i dont know what would of changed,one thought i had is perhaps its the cold weather during regens?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did some trial and error yesterday, activated regen via PP2000 and it was behaving bad on part throttle. Then disconnected and plugged the vacum hoses that goes into the two actuators on the throttle dozer/(IC bypass).

Activated regen again and it was behaving good :) So for now I just plugged the pipes by putting a ball bearing ball into the rubber elbows before I mounted them on the throttle dozer again :)

Just hope they won't let any air through next time it activates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts