Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my accelerator pedal has dropped close to the floor but not fully touching, the cable looks fine but when I lift the pedal up to its original place the cable looks loose? (See photo attached) is there a way this can be fixed without going to a garage? Many thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
293 Posts
If the accelerator pedal has dropped close to the floor, isn't disconnected, and it appears lose like shown in the photo, then it looks like the cable has snapped or stretched beyond serviceability.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the accelerator pedal has dropped close to the floor, isn't disconnected, and it appears lose like shown in the photo, then it looks like the cable has snapped or stretched beyond serviceability.
Thanks for the reply 👍 car still runs so I'm assuming this means it's not snapped? Do you know if this can be tightned? Or would I need a new cable? I've attached a photo of the cable without touching the pedal and it's not loose

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
On the petrol models there is a adjustment on the cable outer on the engine end. The idea is to remove the spring clip from the outer cable of the accelerator and ensuring the throttle cam is fully against its stop gently pull the cable out of its grommet until the free play is removed from the inner cable. Then refit the clip to th last exposed outer cable groove in front of the rubber grommet.

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
293 Posts
car still runs so I'm assuming this means it's not snapped?
Why would the car not run if it was snapped ?
The car can idle without issue, if however you can't rev the engine at all then I suggest the cable is broken or otherwise disconnected and no amount of adjustment will fix this. And to that cause, you should be able to pull the cable out at either end if it is broken.

·
3,940 Posts
Hi....I've deleted your duplicate post and re--titled this one to attract more views....good luck with your issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why would the car not run if it was snapped ?
The car can idle without issue, if however you can't rev the engine at all then I suggest the cable is broken or otherwise disconnected and no amount of adjustment will fix this. And to that cause, you should be able to pull the cable out at either end if it is broken.
Thank you for your reply. I assumed if it was snapped I wouldn't be able to drive the car? But I can still drive it. The revs seem fine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On the petrol models there is a adjustment on the cable outer on the engine end. The idea is to remove the spring clip from the outer cable of the accelerator and ensuring the throttle cam is fully against its stop gently pull the cable out of its grommet until the free play is removed from the inner cable. Then refit the clip to th last exposed outer cable groove in front of the rubber grommet.
It's petrol 2002 model, so this part? (Photo attached) Would I pull it to the right or left? Would this make the pedal go back to its original height? Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
With the engine not running and the pedal at rest follow the advice I gave you, taken from the haynes manual by the way, to adjust the play in the cable(#6 in this thread. The return spring will take the cam part in your photo onto the idle stop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts