Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have a problem with my 307 SW 2.0HDi 110HP. On cold engine (in the mornings) sometimes (not all the time) three beeps occurred without dashboard message.
So, I noticed that beeps occurred on cold engine over 1500 rpm. Also I noticed that "coolant sign" light came on when beeps occurred for 1 second. After that there no problems. When engine warm up, everything is OK. No beeps. I tested over 3000 rpm, no problems.

I checked coolant, it's on middle (between max & min). Also I noticed that Serpentine (Drive) belt in the morning when it's cold has some noise like squeaking. After 1min squeaking stops.

Please help me with some experience.
Thanks,

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've had this problem on my 307 110 HDI when the coolant is close to minimum, engine cold and go round my first corner. doesn't happen when warm and the coolant has expanded.
Actually it does it on the same corner every morning. When I top up the water to close to maximum(engine cold) it is fine for about 6 months. :thumb:
I think I have a leaking water cap and am loosing a bit through evaporation.

Top it up cold and monitor how long it is before it beeps again. you may have a slight leak somewhere, water pump is driven off the timing belt so it may be leaking there. take the covers off and check for leaks.
The strenth of your timing belt is reduced by 80% when contaminated with antifreeze!! But it is rare for these engines to bend valves if the belt goes.

·
Registered
253 Posts
On my 206 I get these 'gong' noises without the message and it's been said by PUGUK that it means that the car battery is failing to hold it's charge and needs to be replaced very soon. Low and behold weeks later non start. Replaced it with a spare one I had lasted about two months with no 'gong' and telling me to stop. Now got to replace it again as this battery has got weak now.

I'am think so many owners complained about this 'fault' to the dealers that Peugeot looked into this and confirmed it's part of the economy mode system to stop un-necessary breakdowns.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for sharing experience.
I already had problem with coolant leak and I know how it looks :) Some of the rubbers on heating central system were damage and coolant leak from there. So then, there was message with beeps about Coolant Level too low warning. Now it's fixed, there is no loose of coolant.

I checked again this morning, coolant was in the middle between min & max, so I top up to max now. I will see in the coming days the result, but I don't think that this is the problem.
I think the problem is somehow connected with drive belt, but I can't find some detail that point on drive belt.

·
Registered
437 Posts
When you take the cap off the coolant tank and have a look inside you will see a raised area in the middle. Make sure the coolant is above this and I'm sure you'll be ok.

I dont use the min-max markers as even at max the beep still happens I just make sure the coolant is above that raised area inside the tank.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You all were right about coolant level. Now after I top up coolant a little above max level, just Roky said, just mm above raised area in the middle, no beeps in the morning. I monitored four days, everything is fine.

So, the conclusion is, always keep coolant level a mm (millimeter) over max level.
Thanks for help,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts