Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you who lease their 3008. Have you been able to get your Tom Tom live connected and pay extra for speed cameras.

I spoke with my friend yesterday who I'm leasing from and she said some leasing financers won't allow lease cars to be connected to live services and have the speed camera extras. She is looking into it for me but said it's because the car is owned by the lease company and not us the driver they get charged by the manufacturer for the connected services.

Let me know your experiences.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Paul
I have a 3 year 20000 pa with tyres and service lease from Peugeot themselves via my dealer . It was the first pch deal he had ever done and it was only when I showed him robins and days quote that he realised he could offer it to individuals rather than just companies.

I signed the live services form and it works for me. I didn't get offered traffic but I didn't want it anyways.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Paul, I've leased through nationwide vehicle contracts who supplied the car via marshals Peugeot in Peterborough. I phoned the dealership a couple of days before delivery as I had to pay them direct for a dog guard as an extra. I raised the query of Tom Tom live and they said it would be activated and I just needed to return some signed forms that would be in the car when delivered. Duly sent this back day after delivery gave them a week to see if activated.....it didn't! Called the dealer and they're response was rubbish....basically must be a fault you need to take it to your local dealer under warranty and we shouldn't really be talking to you direct! Charming! I've basically resigned to when it goes for the 1st service I will ask if they can activate it for me. What's been your experience

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had problems with my leasing company as they had a blanket policy to not sign subscription contracts. So I went to my local dealer (not the one the car was sourced through) on another matter and explained the Tom Tom wasn't working.

They investigated and explained the service hadn't been registered by the dealer and helped me out and sorted it within 24 hours. I was emailed the paperwork, which I didn't have to sign actually but agreed to it by receipt of email.

Absolutely brilliant service from my dealer.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Paul, I've leased through nationwide vehicle contracts who supplied the car via marshals Peugeot in Peterborough. I phoned the dealership a couple of days before delivery as I had to pay them direct for a dog guard as an extra. I raised the query of Tom Tom live and they said it would be activated and I just needed to return some signed forms that would be in the car when delivered. Duly sent this back day after delivery gave them a week to see if activated.....it didn't! Called the dealer and they're response was rubbish....basically must be a fault you need to take it to your local dealer under warranty and we shouldn't really be talking to you direct! Charming! I've basically resigned to when it goes for the 1st service I will ask if they can activate it for me. What's been your experience
Hi Jason, the lease company have been brilliant so far and she has started looking into getting them activated and paying the subscription fee. She's a friend so helping me out really.

My car is coming from the second closest dealer to where I live so not too bad to get it collected and speak with them face to face about connecting it. If all else fails I might just play dumb and call into my closest dealer and get them make them live. The supplying financer is PSA anyway so can't see why the wouldn't let them be activated especially if I'm willing to pay for the extras.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Amerdeem, that's reassuring there are some dealers that provide a good service. Can you recommend them by name or where in the uk you are? how long have you had your 3008 for

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Jason, the lease company have been brilliant so far and she has started looking into getting them activated and paying the subscription fee. She's a friend so helping me out really.

My car is coming from the second closest dealer to where I live so not too bad to get it collected and speak with them face to face about connecting it. If all else fails I might just play dumb and call into my closest dealer and get them make them live. The supplying financer is PSA anyway so can't see why the wouldn't let them be activated especially if I'm willing to pay for the extras.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Paul my experience is leasing company great, dealer shocking. Marshalls Peugeot Cambridge is over 100 miles away so I'm hoping come servicing time a more local dealer to me is more customer friendly. Love the car that aside

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the same issue.......

I am pleased that I can help someone with this query. Leasing companies will connect Live services for Tomtom on vehicles that they can disconnect the feature that allows someone to start the car via the Apple app or similar. We have just had delivery of a Renault and at first the supplying dealer refused to connect Live services because of this due to instruction from the leasing company, after a few conversations with the supplier, Lex Leasing was happy to authorise the dealer to connect Live services as the Renault does not have the feature to start the car. My 3008 which is on lease also was connected to live services yesterday after a few problems getting it connected.
I think you will find that with a few conversations you will have your Tomtom live working but it will be easier if it is connected before delivery.
Please let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The live traffic info is one of the key feature of the satnav of the 3008, and it comes for free. It would be a shame if it is not activated ! (I do a lot of mileage and it makes me worrying now....)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts