Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the snow button for?

I mean does the snow button change gears lower down the rev range?
And if so, would it not be better to have the Snow button on all the time, to save diesel, after all, the car does not need to be revving to 3000rpm as all the torque is on a lower rev range?

J

·
0 Posts
Without knowing auto boxes, I would imagine it would try to use a higher gear.... a bit like having to turn off the ESP if trying to get out of the snow or wet mud... you'll have to let the wheels slip a bit or you'll go nowhere :thumb:

C

·
0 Posts
Depends on the 'box, as on the 6 speed autos the box setting also affects the engine map. Use the box as intended, and don't try and second guess the designers.

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
Dunno about the 407, but most autos I've driven start off in a higher gear in snow mode. It's worth bearing in mind that low revs doesn't mean more efficient. If the revs get too low, then the engine maagement will often dump in more fuel/air to stop itself stalling.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Snow is:

Starting from 2nd gear,
if you have drive by wire accelerator, it makes it harder, like you have to push it really hard in order to get the car going,
gear changing is slow, driving on low rpms

and Traction control is on very high alarm, its like you are driving your car with 5 fat guys and towing titanic,

dont be afraid to try it out, Try it and see it your self. you dont need snow to test it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts