Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 53 plate 307 2.0 HDI, which I am getting less than 30 miles to the gallon. It has just passed it's scheduled service service, which I will be getting done soon (when pennies allow).

It feels like I am driving around in a DB9, well cost wise anyway.

Is this normal? any suggestions on how I can improve this?

The turbo seems to be running at very slow revs (less than 2000). Could it be this?

Anyway Hi... I am new to these forums (Post 2) :thumb:

·
Registered
387 Posts
My 307 is currently doing around 30 mpg but the trip metre tells me that we are only doing 19 mph on average over the last 400 miles. As our car is mainly used around town on short journeys and the missus happy on the accelerator I guess that 30mpg is okay.

It all depends on the type of driver you are and what type of trips you predominantly do on a daily basis.

·
Registered
184 Posts
djp2rr said:
The turbo seems to be running at very slow revs (less than 2000). Could it be this?
Turbo's start spinning as soon as the exhaust pressure allows, they will spin very slowly at lower revs gradually increasing up to their set boost pressure. If you listen carefully you can hear it all the time. <2000 rev's is no issue. In fact if it isn't at full boost by 2.5k revs then there is probably a problem. The more hard you plant down your foot, the faster it will get up to speed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.