Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

2014 Feline

Need help with my third brake light as it is not working at all.

Any advice on what steps I should take to test or then replace it.

I've attempted to remove the plastic trim coving the area of the light on the boot lid but only managed to release the 2 outer clips holding it but to scared to pull it anyme. Not sure what I will encounter once I even remove it.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Is it LED or normal bulb?
If it's not working at all, I would suspect a broken connection somewhere, maybe a wire broken where it goes to the tailgate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it LED or normal bulb?
If it's not working at all, I would suspect a broken connection somewhere, maybe a wire broken where it goes to the tailgate.
LED

When I say not working at all, all I know is it don't light up.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I have seen a couple of older 308 T9 with a non working led in the high level brake light.

I've yet to see one with a complete high level brake light failure.

There are 2 small nuts on the rear of the high level stop light that hold it in to the tail gate & don't forget about the rear washer jet tube.

From my 206 days I would slacken both the nuts & then push on them both to pop the high level light out the aperture without it falling out & damaging the light or tailgate, once the lamp is free you can then remove the nuts & tube to remove the lamp.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Once you get the lamp out, check for volts on the supply when the brake is on.
Volts there, light not, light broken. Volts not there, wire broken.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.

I'm still try to get the plastic trim of lf to get access to the light. I'm not sure if I'm just supposed to tank it off. It seems to be held by 4 fixings for which the outer ones let the trim go easily but the other 2 more central which I can see won't budge.

Do I also take it I would need some sort of meter to test the wiring..

On another note I went to look at my fuse box for the first time and my god how the fudge do you get to them with at the wiring looms in front of it?

·
Registered
978 Posts
With great difficulty. It's a terrible design, probably due to the conversion to RHD.

I think you can pull one of the layers of fuses down to become a bit more accessible.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
A cheap multimeter would be useful, you can get them for less than a tenner these days.

Failing that, a 12v bulb and some wire, see if the bulb lights up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update on this.

Managed to get the trim off.
Got a multi meter from halfords £8
Tested connection and power was getting to light
Ordered new light from ebay £50
Easily fitted and all working

·
Registered
852 Posts
Ah... was going to say, if you send it to me, I can see if I can fix it. Most likely a blown resistor :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts